The social media (r)evolution?
Asian Perspectives on New Media
Also available in Deutsch
"The social media (r)evolution? Asian perspectives on new media" is a compilation of 13 articles that discuss social media developments and trends in Asia. For this publication we invited eleven alumni from the Konrad Adenauer Asian Center for Journalism (ACFJ) at the Ateneo de Manila University in the Philippines to share their views on social media issues based on their inside knowledge and hands-on experience.
Ratana Som, Edi Utama, Anisha Bhaduri, Sherrie Ann Torres, Engelbert Apostol, Bruce Avasadanond, KY Pung, Susan Tam, Syed Nazakat, Karen Yap, Michael Josh Villanueva
• Integration of social media in traditional newsrooms
• Issues and challenges of social media
• Social media and newsprint advertising
• Social media and television networks
• Ways to maximise and monetise social media
• Investigative journalism and social media
• Censorship and social media
Singapore, June 15, 2012