The KAS Energy Security Fellowship Programme
The Konrad-Adenauer-Foundation funds a 12 months research stay for a European Union (EU) resident research Fellow at the European Centre for Energy and Resource Security (EUCERS) at King's College London. The Fellowship includes a stipend of €25,200 (€2,100 per month) for the fellow, a conference subsistence of €1,257 and will pay for University fees.
The topic of this year’s Fellowship is “The Arab Spring and its impact on supply and production in global markets.”
Application deadline is on 15 June 2012. After reviewing applications, several candidates will be invited for interviews. The location may vary depending on availability of members of the selection committee and are either held in Berlin or London. The decision of the committee will be communicated to the successful applicant in writing by 1 July 2012. The scholarship starts on 1 September 2012.
The Fellow will be expected to draft a confidential report, available to KAS and EUCERS. Furthermore, the Fellow will be required to write a 35-50 page research paper (in German or English), for which KAS and EUCERS get the (publishing) rights. A publication can be in print or online. The opportunity to present the results of the research in conferences by KAS or EUCERS may develop within this framework. Cooperation beyond this between the scholar, KAS and EUCERS are subject to mutual agreement and encouraged.
- A cover letter
- A description of the research project together with a time schedule
- A motivation letter explaining why a research stay in London is suitable for the candidate’s research project as well as key areas of the planned research
- A curriculum vitae with detailed explanations regarding personal and academic background, dated and signed
- A short personal data sheet
- A copy of transcript of record (a certified copy will have to be brought to the interview)
- At least one reference from a Professor
- Proof of very good knowledge of English (TOEFL, IELTS)
For further information please contact Carola Gegenbauer on +44 (0)20 7848 1912 email@example.com.