detail - Auslandsbüro Belarus
This portlet should not exist anymore
Regional Cooperation in the Field of Energy Security: Challenges and Perspectives for Belarus.
29 October, 2009
Crown Plaza hotel, Minsk, Kirova str. 13
9.30-10.00 Registration. Coffee served
10.00-10.15 Opening of the event. Welcome words by the organizers.
• Delegation of the European Commission in Minsk (Jean-Eric Holzapfel)
• Swedish Presidency of the EU (Ambassador Stefan Eriksson)
• Office for a Democratic Belarus, Belgium (Olga Stuzhinskaya)
10.15-11.00 Energy security with regard to Belarus: components, challenges and threats.
Moderator -- Olga Stuzhinskaya, ODB
• Alexander Mikhalevich, National Academy of Science of the Republic of Belarus
• Elena Rakova, Institute for Privatization and Management, Belarus
• Kirsten Westphal, Stiftung Wissenschaft und Politik (SWP), Germany
11.30-11.45 Coffee break
11.45-12.45 Experience of the gas- and oil-wars: lessons learned and consequences for the region.
Moderator – Valeria Kostyugova, Nashe Mnenie
• Mykhailo Gonchar, Centre "Nomos", Ukraine
• View from the European Union. Pirkka Tappiola, senior adviser to the EU HR Javier So-lana, Policy Unit, Council of the European Union
• View from Russia. (Speaker TBC)
• Tatiyana Manenok, journalist, «Belarusy i rynok» newspaper, Belarus
14.15-15.30 Belarus and development of the regional energy system: common projects, challenges and risks of regionalization.
Moderator -- Vladimir Dounaev, Nashe Mnenie
• Vladimir Kuzmich, Director, Belvneshenergo, Belarus
• Piotr Kozarzewski, Centre for Social and Economic Research (CASE); Polish Academy of Sciences
• Alexader Todiichuk, President, Kyiv International energy club "Q-club"
16.00-16.20 Coffee break
16.20-17.20 Concluding discussion. Policy proposals and recommendations. Closing re-marks.
Moderator-- Vitali Silicki, Belarusian Institute for Strategic Studies, Lithuania