detail - Auslandsbüro Kambodscha
This portlet should not exist anymore
The ASEAN Strategic Action Plan on Consumer Protection (ASAPCP) 2016-2025 has been implementing by the ASEAN Member States (AMS), and each state has adopted the law on consumer protection. Cambodia’s Law on Consumer Protection promulgated via the Royal Kram No. NS/RKM/1119/016 dated 02 November 2019 aims to ensure the protection of consumers and to promote a good faith of competition. This law is applicable to all persons who practice a trade with the purpose for profit or not-for profit, which include the trade of goods or other services or real rights on immovable properties for consumers within the Kingdom of Cambodia, unless otherwise provided.
The trade practice or Business transaction is moving from traditional approach to digital approach in the contemporary world economy including Cambodia. Electronic commerce and transactions have been developed and increased because technology has played a vital role. The Internet of Things (IoT) becomes a global infrastructure for the information society which enables advanced services by interconnecting physical and virtual things based on existing and evolving interoperable information and communication technologies (ICT).
Consequently, consumer’s rights have been violated, ignored or neglected by technology developers and entrepreneurs. Protection of privacy and personal data becomes a hot topic in this IoT era. Therefore, Protection of consumer’s rights in digitize age requires involvement from stakeholders to promote the interests and welfare of consumers.
Topic of Interest:
Interested authors who want to contribute an article should be in the area of the Law on Consumer Protection and E-commerce to discuss; for example:
- Law on E-Commerce (Online Business) and Law on Consumer Protection?
- National Commission for Consumer Protection and the establishment of Consumer Association in Cambodia
- Compliant Handling and Resolution mechanisms
- Price surges and stockpiling, Fair CompetitionData Protection, Misinformation and Scams,
- Information standards, Quality Control, Privacy, Personal Data in linkage with the protection for Consumers, or
- Any relevant topic of your interest to the Law on Consumer Rights Protection in Cambodia
- The development in ASEAN and the implementation of consumer protection in Cambodia
Submission of Abstracts plus brief biography 08th June, 2020
Frist Draft submission 08th July, 2020
Presenting your first draft at the workshop Mid of July 2020
First Round of Edition and Feedback End ofJuly 2020
Final Draft Submission Mid of August 2020
English Proofreading End of August 2020
Final Publication September 2020
Submission Requirements and Guidelines
- Length of Abstract: 150 words only
- Word count of each article is expected to be around 2500-4000 words (excluding footnotes and bibliography)
- Written in Open Sans, 11 font size, single space
The financial compensation of USD 500,00 will be awarded to selected authors after the final acceptance of the article by KAS Cambodia. Only certain number of articles will be selected based on the relevance of the topic and quality of the article. Citation guide and outline of paper will be sent to selected authors only. Please submit your abstracts by June 8th, 2020 to Rasmeykanyka.firstname.lastname@example.org