detail - Auslandsbüro Kambodscha
This portlet should not exist anymore
Call for Application
The Political Education Academy (PEA) seek to enhance political participation of young people in Cambodia with the aim to empower them to be the driving force for a positive social change and to be the next generation of political, governmental, and civil society leaders for the country. To this end, the academy is particularly seeking to attract the participation from Cambodian young people who are keen in engaging in the field of politics and sociality.
This academy will last for 4 days (September 9th-12th, 2020) at Kirirom National Park, Kompong Speu Province and will gather political-interested youths from different spheres and institutions to learn, discuss, analyze, and reflect the matter of politics within the selected themes in general and in Cambodia context, as well as to transform those politics and social-related ideas into an implementable project which will benefit Cambodian society as a whole.
Applications are now open for young politicians, actors of civil society as well as young professionals in state institutions. Any interested applicants are invited to complete the online application by close of business, August 10th, 2020. Only successful candidate will be notified. Significant weight will be given to the applicant's motivation and willingness to participate in the academy. Working language of the 4-days academy will be Khmer and English.
What PEA aims:
- To boost participation and empower young people in Cambodian political processes
- To promote an open and friendly environment for political and social discussion among Cambodian young people
- To expand a network of and establish a dialogue among high potential and politically interested youth from different political perspectives
- To enable youths to transform their ideas and willingness into an input for a better social and political environment in the country
What You can Benefits:
- 4-days learning, and engaging and a life-time network building with experts and other participations with different background and experiences in the socio-political field
- Skill improvement: critical thinking, communication, debate, project implementation, etc.
- Knowledge improvement: politics in general and in Cambodia context, governance, etc,
- A chance to implement own project with the support from KAS
- A certificate after the successful completion of the Academy
- Participation in the Academy is free of charge. KAS will cover all costs related to participation in the Academy. In addition, the participants will be provided relevant document kits during the Academy
Who do we look for:
The academy will involve 20-30 Cambodian young individuals who are:
- Politically interested, socially engaged and who ideally have the goal to be part of Cambodian politics in the future
- Strongly motivated and committed to be part of the 4-days academy
- members of political parties, civil society activists, civil servants, members of community and maniple council or senior university students
How to apply
Online application form is available for any interested applicants to complete until August 10, 2020. Applicants will be required to upload their CV through the online application.
Call for Applications: August 3rd, 2020
Deadline of the Application: August 10th, 2020
Date of Academy: 9th-12th September, 2020 - Kirirom National Park, Kompong Speu Province
For questions regarding the Academy, applications and practical arrangements, please contact Ms. Chanbormey Long at firstname.lastname@example.org