Lebanon's Economic Crisis: Expectations & Potential Solutions - Auslandsbüro Libanon
This portlet should not exist anymore
In this session we will discuss:
- Lebanon’s economic crisis: A tragedy in the making
- Why the country is in crisis?
- How did we get here? What is being done?
- Where do we go from here?
- Predicting how the crisis evolves from here is difficult: different scenarios.
- Ambition for a better future must guide the necessary adjustment
- Financial stabilization and structural adjustment will be challenging
- Solving complex intertwined problems/ calibrating policy instruments to Lebanese specifics.
- Structural adjustment in public finance
- Restructuration of the financial sector (banks / BDL)
- A consolidation of the banking sector is certainly needed.)- Outsourcing certain public services and privatizing assets
- Clarification of monetary strategy and bank oversight should help to restore confidence
- Exchange rate management
- Tasks of the next government (reforms, IMF, Negotiations with Bonds Holders, debt restructuring)
- Lebanon’s Economic Crisis Explodes, Threatening Decades of Prosperity
- Prolonged crisis of governance, bad planning, corruption …
Speaker: Maurice Matta, Head of the Economy Department at Annahar Newspaper and Media Group in Lebanon.
Moderator: Randa Farah, Founder & Manager of Lebtivity.com & I Have Learned Academy, University Instructor
Tickets are free, but booking is a must!
Places are limited, book here: https://ihjoz.com/events/6030#checkout