detail - Regionalprogramm Politikdialog Asien
This portlet should not exist anymore
“Democracy needs strong institutions and the respect for its procedures, social pluralism and all the other attributes of civil and political rights. But, what is also needed can only be provided by real people, acting people, politicians. People like you.” – Dr. Wilhelm Hofmeister
Building on the idea behind the Konrad Adenauer School for Young Politicians - Leaders Caucus (KASYP-LC), the Asian Democratic Leaders’ Alliance (ADLA) programme is conceptualised based on sustaining life-long learning, ‘multiplying’ the impact of KASYP alumni beyond themselves, to their wider communities and the public at large, and strengthening a support network of like-minded individuals and organisations. Essentially, ADLA will serve both as a ‘network and a platform’ for KASYP alumni to promote democratic leadership and governance in the region, by initiating, leading, and implementing programmes and activities which engage the general public.
The objectives of ADLA can broadly be classified as:
- Facilitates a lifelong learning among the members in order to strengthen their capacities as advocates of democracy.
- Magnifies the learning and work of the alumni to a wider audience or the greater public.
- Develops a network of like-minded leaders who are committed in strengthening democracy in the region.
- Establish partnerships or engagements with non-member individuals and other interest groups.
Nature of ADLA
The Asian Democratic Leaders’ Alliance (ADLA) is an alliance of leaders and organizations in Asia that shares a common interest in making democracy work for the people in their respective countries and the region in general.
ADLA is a non-profit organization that is open to different political beliefs that adhere to democratic values and principles.
ADLA aims to advance and consolidate democracy in Asia through:
- a community of responsible and accountable civic, business, and political leaders,
- a learning and engagement platform on public policy, peace building, and sustainable development, and
- an inclusive network of organizations and groups that promotes democratic leadership and governance.
ADLA envisions a society where individuals live with freedom, dignity, prosperity, and peace as a result of democratic governance and leadership.