detail - Foundation Office Israel
This portlet should not exist anymore
November 27, 2013
16:30 Opening Reception
17:00 - 18:30 Opening Session: New Energy Resources: An Abyss or a Bridge?
Chair: Oren Nahari, Israel Broadcast Authority
- Mr. Michael Lotem, Special Envoy for Energy Issues, Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Ambassador Dimitris Hatziargyrou, Ambassador of Cyprus
- Ambassador Spiros Lampridis, Ambassador of Greece
- Dr. Aykan Erdemir, Member of Parliament, Turkey
November 28, 2013
9:00 – 9:30 Opening Reception
9:30 – 11:00 Session II: The Economics and Law of Eastern Mediterranean Energy
Chair: Dr. Andreas Stergiou, conference organizing committee
- Dr. Nimrod Novik, Senior Business Executive, former Policy Adviser to Israel’s Prime
- Prof. Rauf Versan, Istanbul University: “Legal Aspects of the Security Issues in the Eastern Mediterranean”
- Prof. Alfred Tovias, Hebrew University of Jerusalem: "The European Take On the Eastern
- Dr. Itay Fishhendler, Hebrew University of Jerusalem: "In the Name of Energy Security: the Struggle over the Exportation of Israel's Natural Gas"
Chair: Prof. Moshe Maoz, conference organizing committee
- Mr. Dan Meridor, former Deputy Prime Minister of Israel: "Israel in the Changing Middle East"
- Prof. Saban Kardas, Strategic Studies Center, Turkish Foreign Ministry: “The Turkish Perspective on the Energy Issues in the Eastern Mediterranean”
- Prof. Michael Emerson, Center for European Policy Studies, Brussels: “Fishing for Gas and More in Cypriot Waters”
- Dr. Andreas Stergiou, University of Crete: The Emerging Greek-Cypriot-Israeli Alliance
Chair: Dr. Kivanç Ulusoy, conference organizing committee
- Prof. Moshe Maoz, Truman Institute and University of Michigan: "The Arab Spring, the Upheavals in Syria and the Geopolitics of the Middle East"
- Prof. Elie Podeh, Truman Institute and Hebrew University of Jerusalem: "In the Wake of Two Revolutions: Whither Egypt?"
- Prof. Raphael Israeli, Truman Institute: "From Arab Spring to Islamic Winter"
- Prof. Avraham Sela, Truman Institute and Hebrew University of Jerusalem: "The Arab Revolts Three Years Later: A Regional Perspective"
Chair: Prof. Menahem Blondheim, Truman Institute
- Dr. Ran Shauli, Truman Institute: “Southeast Asia and the Regional Quest for Energy
- Dr. Micha'el Tanchum, Truman Institute and Shalem College: “From Strategic Autonomy to
- Mr. Yoel Guzansky, Institute for National Security Studies: "Arab Gulf States: Oil Discoveries, Border Disputes and Alliance Politics"
- Dr. Christopher Pokarier, Truman Institute and Waseda University, Japan: "Fifty Years of Lessons: Australia's Management of International and Domestic Resource Politics"