detail - Foundation Office North Macedonia
This portlet should not exist anymore
The school gathered young students from 10 different countries of the region and eminent international lecturers and provided them with the opportunity to discuss about how religion, ethnicity, nationalism affect the individual and society in general.
On the opening panel participants had opportunity to follow lectures about latest finding and current developments on the following topics:
- Culture as Central Component of National Identity – Janko Ljumovic, University of Montenegro Podgorica
- Nationalism and Expressive Forms – Focus Balkan – Nenad Markovic, Faculty of Law “Iustinianus Primus” Skopje
- The Importance of Pluralism in Cohesive Democracy – Angelos Kaskanis, Tactics Institute for Security and Counter-Terrorism, London
- Regional Cooperation for Development and Integration – Krenare Gashi-Krasniqi, Regional Youth Cooperation Office, Prishtina
- Social Media and the Changing Face of Journalism – Alvaro de la Cruz, Wilfried Martens Cenre for European Studies, Brussels
In the next two days a workshop was conducted focusing on developing ideas for conducting local initiatives by Gorazd Smilevski and Maja Kochoska, Freelance experts from Skopje.As a result of the group work, the participants developed 8 initiatives which will be conducted in their local community in the upcoming period.