Single title - Rule of Law Programme Middle East and North Africa
This portlet should not exist anymore
After the fall of Saddam Hussein's regime, many efforts have been made to strengthen and stabilize the region, but it is undeniable that it also faces many shortcomings. The Kurdistan Region (KRI) has witnessed many political, legal and social upheavals that affected the judicial and administrative spectrum.
To tackle these challenges, it is necessary to look at them in more detail and to elaborate solutions to strengthen KRI's judiciary, a fundamental pillar of good governance and rule of law.
The KAS Rule of Law Programme and KCIL are therefore publishing this book that aims at:
- offering a better understanding of the current judicial system in KRI;
- evaluating the obstacles and shortcomings of the judicial system in KRI;
- assessing public awareness about (individual) rights related to the judicial system;
- making suggestions in order to strengthen the judicial capacity in KRI and to finally
- elaborating a long term strategy for the strengthening the judicial capacity in KRI.
All conducted interviews were held in Kurdistan region between July and September, 2021.
The initial language of the publication is Kurdish; an official English e-book version can be downloaded on your right.