detail - Foundation Office Thailand
This portlet should not exist anymore
This workshop is the final phase of the programme "Youth Citizenship", which has main objectives to enhance the ability of Thai youth to discuss about democratic roles in society and to promote understanding of the young generation of Thailand in excercising their roles political affairs.
Participants are 90 school teachers and students from Northern and Northeastern region, who have joined the IPPS's seminar workshop on "Youth Citizenship (Regional Level)" in 2005 in three provinces: Khon Khaen, Chiang Mai and Ubonratchathani.
This time, an advanced programme as follows would bring them better understanding of their roles at national level.
17 October 2006:
Arrivial of participants and orientation
18 October 2006:
Study tour on "Thai Historical Democracy Route" starting from Royal Plaza, Monument of Democracy, Monument of 14 October Uprising, Landmark of Democracy BE 2475 (1932) to Thammasat University. Honorable tour guides and speakers: Mr Akraphol Khumkhun and Ms Krisna Pornpiboon, Faculty of Liberal Arts, Thammasat University
19 October 2006:
- "Youth and Globalisation" by Mr Nithiphum Nawarat, Columnist of Thai Rath Daily Newspaper
- Visit to the Counstitutional Court, welcomed by Secretary-General Mr Paiboon Varahapaitoon
- Visit to the National Human Rights Commission, welcomed by President Prof Saneh Chamarik
- Group discussion on the topic "Youth Citizenship in Democratic Society"
20 October 2006:
- "Leadership and Personalities" by Mr Damrong Chaisomkom, Office of Education Administration, Sukhothai Thammathirat Open University
- Youth Citizenship's certificate ceremony