detail - Oficina de la Fundación en España y en Portugal
This portlet should not exist anymore
Reinhard Silberberg, Ambassador of the Federal Republic of Germany
Günter Krings, Vice-Chairman of the CDU/CSU parliamentary group,
D.Ángel Lossada Torres-Quevedo, State Secretary of the Ministry
of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation, Madrid.
16.30 – 18.00: First session
18.00 – 18.30: Coffee break
18.30 – 20.00: Second session
20.00 – 21.30: Reception
hosted by Reinhard Silberberg, Ambassador of the Federal Republic of Germany
Topics for Roundtable Discussion
- Eight years after the ICC was set up, what has the Court and the Assembly of States Parties
achieved and where has it fallen short of its designated goals?
- Amendments to the Rome Statute of the ICC:
what are the remaining stumbling blocks to
agreeing upon a definition of the crime of
- The ICC and the USA:
what is the Obama Administration's approach
and policy towards the Court?
- The ICC and Africa: does Africa speak with one voice on the ICC? What are the primary concerns
of key African stakeholders about the ICC?
What possible solutions are there?
- "Peace before justice" or "peace through justice"?
- Investigating international crimes: the strategy of the ICC prosecutor
- From complementarity to positive complementarity:
absence of political will or lack of capacity?
- Looking ahead: enhancing co-operation and confronting challenges