Education Reforms Kyrgyzstan [en] - Europäische und Internationale Zusammenarbeit
Fostering and Monitoring of the Education Reforms in Kyrgyzstan
Consortium: Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung, BIOM Youth Ecological Movement (co-applicant)
Overall project value: 500,000 Euro
Duration: January 2015 to June 2017
To contribute to an effective and democratic educational system in the Kyrgyz Republic. Specific Objective: To develop the capacities and interaction of the Public Advisory Council in Education, governmental agencies and civil society/ non-state actors to increase transparency, participation and quality of educational policy and reform.
- Civil society is trained and better enabled to monitor the implementation of educational reforms and produce relevant, appropriate and feasible recommendations for the Education Public Advisory Council in Education;
- Interaction and co-operation among the Public Advisory Council in Education, governmental agencies and civil society/ non-state actors to inform the decision-making process on educational reforms are established and operational;
- Public awareness on educational reforms, transparency and accountability improved.
- Training on EU best practice on public monitoring and evaluation and training in education reform development and elaboration, reform monitoring and evaluation;
- Activities on institutional setting and enhancing of EPCA under the Ministry of Education (needs assessment, suggestions to the Government);
- Round tables and seminars on visibility of EPAC, involvement of civil society actors and mass media with resolutions or memorandums on establishment of operational and productive consultation mechanism on education reforms;
- Pilot monitoring of education reforms by EPAC and civil society actors and presentation of monitoring results to the Government;
- Visibility of education reforms through publications, mass media articles and interviews;
- Visibility of EPAC activities through establishment of its website and feedback mechanisms with civil society.