Digital Future Review [en] - Cambodia Office
Digital Insights -E-Governance
Digital and mobile technology advances have delivered far-reaching economic and social benefits for companies and citizens. It also changes the way how public services are delivered and governments fulfill their tasks. Furthermore, it changes the way people interact and obtain information. However, such development gains are far from automatic, and there are certain development challenges associated with the evolution of digitalization. Ministries, government agencies and other relevant actors get confronted with challenges and opportunities day by day and respond differently to changes. How can information and communication technologies help improving public services and create new forms of governance? What is needed to make this transformation happen and what are the hindrances?
Digital Insights is a research initiative, conceptualized to provide in-depth and evidence-based insights into the digitalization developments in Cambodia. Consequently, it goes beyond the traditional review character and engages people in face-to-face discussion and academic exchange.
- Formats: Case studies, commentaries, research articles (3.500 to 7.000 words)
- Open for Cambodian nationals and tandems (international and Cambodian)
- Online and print publication
- Attractive financial compensation
- Financial compensation: 500USD per article (between 4000 and 6000 words), to be discussed related to more complex research proposals or less work-intense contributions
The Second Volume
How can information and communication technologies enhance the government’s ability to improve public service? How can good governance be promoted by using ICTs? What is the current policy and implementation status?
The second volume of Digital Insights will focus on related questions and will also cover media and NGO governance aspects.
1. Information day: 12th February 2019, 5pm at KAS
2. Proposal deadline: 6th of March 2019, 12 pm
3. Training Day
4. Draft Discussions
5. Networking events
6. Publication finalization
7. Publication and Launch: August
- Clear working title, topic and research question
- Clear and accurate problem statement/purpose of the paper
- Clear indication of research method (techniques and approaches)
- Captures interest of potential readers
- Language and grammar
- Word limit of 300 words
- Content and structure overview
- Ten academic sources to be used in the contribution.
Please send the abstract in word or PDF format to Mr. Robert Hör: