Single title - Lebanon Office
This portlet should not exist anymore
The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) is a German political foundation, closely associated with the Christian Democratic Union of Germany (CDU).
With regard to European and international cooperation efforts, KAS works for people to be able to live self-determined lives in freedom and dignity. Underpinned by those values, the foundation is making a contribution to help Germany to meet its growing responsibilities in the world.
With more than 80 offices abroad and projects in more than 120 countries, Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung makes a unique contribution to the promotion of democracy, dialogue, conflict prevention, civil society and social market economy.
The mission of the Country Programme Lebanon is to:
• inform about relevant political, economic and social issues and offer platforms for exchange and constructive debate
• contribute to the political, economic and social development in Lebanon
• promote knowledge about the functioning of political institutions and processes
• support the political forces of moderation and progress
• strengthen the Lebanese Republic as a democratic and pluralistic state through its institutions
• foster bilateral relations between Germany and Lebanon.
To achieve this, the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung works together with a multitude of local partners such as governmental institutions, political parties, think tanks, civil society associations, media, and organisations of the private sector as well as universities and scientific institutions.
The Country Programme Lebanon engages in several activities for its mission and aims. These activities take among others the form of conferences, seminars, workshops, and forums for dialogue to debates or round tables. Further, it issues publications and studies and engages with policy makers.
The main objectives of the Country Programme Lebanon are:
• Objective 1: Democratic and constitutional principles and institutions, including pluralist parties, are accepted and implemented on the basis of common values in politics and society.
• Objective 2: Pluralistic and free civil societies, educational institutions and the media are developed and take their social policy role.
• Objective 3: Regulative and towards sustainability oriented elements of the social market economy attract attention in the socio-political discourse and economic reforms, involving private actors.
• Objective 4: Dialogue among the societies of the Middle East and North Africa as well as with the European Union, Germany and its partners is established and promotes development, deepening relations and reducing conflicts in the region.
• Objective 5: The joint responsibility of the countries of the MENA region and of Europe regarding the shaping of common security and the fight against terrorism and causes of flight, as well as the management of the effects of migration and flight is performed by the political decision makers and social actors.
How to Apply:
The proposed measure should fit within the general requirements and objectives of the Country Programme. To apply, the applicant organization should fill in the following templates (found on the right sidebar)
- Project Proposal Form
- Organizational Profile Form
Incomplete files will unfortunately not be considered. Late applications may be reviewed for 2021 projects.