Single title - Malaysia Office
This exhibition brochure introduces, in its first part, the following religions and faiths:
In the second part of this exhibition brochure, the readers will be informed about
- the Global Ethicconcept,
- the Golden Ruleprinciple, and
- six core ethical standards
which all religions and belief systems have in common:
1. Treat others as you would like to be treated (i.e. the so-called Golden Rule);
2. Every human being must be treated humanely;
3. Have respect for life;
4. Deal honestly and fairly;
5. Speak and act truthfully; and
6. Respect and love one another, and be responsible for your partner's happiness.
These are the six basic principles for a global ethic which was accepted by the Parliament of the World's Religions in 1993.
The aims of this exhibition brochure are to contribute
- to a better understanding, respect and appreciation of the different world religions and faiths, and
- to a better knowledge of the common moral values and ethical standards which these religions share.
This exhibition brochure is just a "starter" - a small and necessarily incomplete introduction. In fact, this exhibition brochure should whet the appetite of the readers for more information and explanation about the fascinating world of religion and spirituality, expecially the Global Ethic concept and the issue of common moral values and ethical standards shared by all religious and non-religious belief systems on our globe.
The major part of this exhibition brochure was created by GEF in Tuebingen (Germany). It is based on the lifetime research of Professor Hans Kueng, one of the most outstanding theologians of our times.
For the purpose of publishing this exhibition brochure in Malaysia, some modifications have been made and chapters on Indigenous Spiritualities, Sikhism, the Baha'i Faith, the Global Ethicconcept and the Golden Rule principle have been added by us in close cooperation with Malaysian religious experts and Professor Hans Kueng.
The original version of the exhibition was shown at the United Nations headquarters in New York, other international organisations and at many places all over the world. Everywhere it has won unanimous praise.