detail - Auslandsbüro Ghana
This portlet should not exist anymore
The objectives of the workshop were the following:-
- To create an avenue for Participants and the Committee Members to interact and share ideas as to come out with an acceptable the final policy.
- To assemble all those who matter with regards to the formulation of the Policy.
- To afford experts in the area to make the necessary inputs;
- To offer stakeholders the opportunity to study the matrices put together by the Committee and make the necessary contributions;
- To come out with an acceptable Document that will owned by all and could stand the test of time.
The two-day Stakeholders’ Workshop on Early Warning System on Internal Conflicts and Disasters was successful to a large extent. The goals set were achieved. As indicated in the closing remarks, the indicators of internal conflicts and disasters were clearly identified as regards political, labour, students, socio-cultural and economic conflicts. The need to finalise the production of a comprehensive Policy Document on Early Warning System on Internal Conflicts and Disasters was stressed. The document, when finalized should be implemented by relevant stakeholders with the requisite expertise. However, it was unanimously agreed that, it would be more worthwhile if another workshop could be held before the final output would be submitted to Cabinet for approval.