Second Study Programme by Multilateral Dialogue KAS and Atomic Reporters 2023 - Multilateral Dialogue Vienna
Study and Information Program
Under the guidance of diverse renowned professionals, researchers, and international officials, you will acquire expertise in:
- Current nuclear issues and risks
- Basic concepts and notions in the nuclear realm (nuclear safety, security, safeguards, deterrence, non-proliferation, risk reduction, disarmament and arms control)
- The history of nuclear armament and disarmament
- The history and role of the nuclear energy industry
- Core relevant international documents
- Legal background
- Participate in technical visits to International Organisations in Vienna
- Join and shape the alumni network
- Receive a centralized reading list on the specified topics
Participants will be selected on the basis of a video competition. Entries must be in English.
The 15 successful candidates from various academic disciplines and countries of origin will participate in an Online Seminar in June 2023, culminating in a four-day Dialogue Programme in Vienna with visits to the International Organizations.
Expenses of participants of the Dialogue Programme on July 4th to 8th 2023 in Vienna, Austria (travel, accommodation, meals) will be covered by the organisers.
- You are a beginner, professional or student, interested in the nuclear field
- You have a journalistic, diplomatic, analytical, research, engineering, technical or other relevant background
- You are ready to actively participate in discussions
- Please complete and submit this application form by 15. April 2023: http://bit.ly/3KR6UWq
- Attach your most recent CV (maximum 2 pages)
- Upload a short video (1-2 min maximum) answering the questions: Why are you interested in participating? How can your experience and/or skills contribute to the discussions?
- Attendance of a virtual seminar in June 2023 to prepare for the Dialogue Programme in Vienna