Offre d’emploi: International Project Leader [fr] - Auslandsbüro Demokratische Republik Kongo
International Project Manager/Team Leader (full time) for a 7 month project in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC)
PROGRAMME DE FORMATION DES TEMOINS A LA SURVEILLANCE ELECTORALE - « Bokengeli ya maponami «
A grant project financed by the European Union and implemented by Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung e.V. (DE), Westminster Foundation for Democracy (UK) and Institut pour la Démocratie et le Leadership Politique (DRC)
Short description of the project:
The electoral cycle beginning with the presidential, parliamentary and provincial elections set on 23rd December 2018, and which shall continue into 2019 with urban, municipal and local elections shall constitute a great challenge for the consolidation of democracy in the Democratic Republic of Congo. Therefore it is urgent for the Congolese state to build a climate of trust for the Congolese population towards a political process soon to determine the choice of the country’s political leaders. In this context, training of the political parties’ witnesses (the specific target group of this project) plays a primary role within the electoral process. As passive observers their role is to supervise the voting process, vote tally and notify irregularities to the hierarchy of their parties, without actively interfering.
The project will train the target group in all of the 26 provinces in DRC.
The team leader will be responsible of the following:
- S/he will give strategic guidance and assume overall responsibility for the project - coordination and supervision of the timely and professional implementation of the activities
- S/h will give support to the organization, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of the activities
- S/h Coordinating the reporting and drafting aggregated monthly and the final reports -
- S/h will provide backstopping/support logistics for experts deployed in the field
- S/h Information/communication about the activities and effective dissemination of information amongst the project partners
- S/h liaise with international donors and with the EU-Delegation in DRC
- S/h coordinate the project in close collaboration with backstopping team of KAS in DRC as well as with the headquarter team in Germany;
- S/h set-up and review of work plans and adapt to the changing and difficult environment;
- S/h assume financial responsibility in close cooperation with the backstopping of KAS headquarter project budget.
- Academic profile: University degree in economics, law, political science, international relations, international development or relevant, directly related discipline. Or equivalent work experience, a specialization in planning and management would be an asset
- Project Cycle Management methodology is essential as well as working experiences with projects implemented in an international environment
- Knowledge about financial project reporting of international donor funded project
- Ability in risk management and solution-oriented approach
- Experiences with EU/other donor-funded projects would be an asset
- Fluency in French and very good knowledge of English is mandatory
- Working experiences in Africa in general or specifically in DRC would be an asset
- Previous leadership/team management experience and excellent skills in internal and external communications.