Static Contents Detail - Foundation Office Palestinian Territories
The KAS Sur Place Scholarship
The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) is offering postgraduate (M.A.) scholarships in the Palestinian Territories and neighboring countries such as Israel, Jordan, Egypt, and Lebanon. This scholarship program targets graduates in fields related to the global mission and vision of KAS within the fields of political science, economics, international relations, political economy, law, Middle Eastern studies, literature, media studies, business, history, etc.). This list serves as an example of the different possible fields; however, we encourage potential applicants to think outside the box.
With the Sur Place Scholarship, the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung supports talented young scholars on site and gives them the opportunity to concentrate on their studies and develop their political and social expertise. The scholarship is usually awarded for up to 12 months, but can be extended for a maximum of another 12 months should the scholars demonstrate academic excellence.
• Applicants must be Palestinian nationals or Palestinian residents of East Jerusalem.
• The scholarship covers M.A. graduate studies only (already started or close to start).
• Applicants must be active in a social or political context.
• Applicants must have an outstanding academic undergraduate record (ideally 80% or higher).
• The program only considers students up to 35 years of age.
• Applicants who are employed regularly and for the duration of their studies are not eligible to receive a monthly stipend.
The scholarship offers:
• Monthly stipend (max. 1.000 NIS)
• (Partial) University fees
• Access to events / publications of KAS and its partners
• Access to local and international experts
• A platform to publish your own articles
• Membership of the KAS Network and Alumni programs
• A completed application form (Download application form)
• A detailed CV
• A motivation letter
• A description of the M.A. program (aim, content) with detailed information about the start date, duration and cost of the intended degree program
• Accredited copies of certificates (university / school diploma)
• Two letters of recommendation (academic, social or political)
• A letter of acceptance from the university (applicants who do not have an acceptance letter yet will only be given a conditional offer)
• Records of extracurricular activities
Applications must be submitted via e-mail to email@example.com in the following format:
1. Subject line: Scholarship Application_Name of Applicant
2. Documents must be submitted as one PDF and named in the following format: FirstName LastName_Name of Document
Application periods are from January to mid-March and from June to mid-August each year. After a review process, applicants will be invited for interviews (in Ramallah or online). Travel costs to the KAS office in Ramallah will not be reimbursed.
Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.