Static Contents Detail - Foundation Office South Africa
The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) is a German political foundation named after the first chancellor of the Federal Republic of Germany. KAS operates worldwide intending to promote democracy through political education and training.
Since 1999 KAS has funded a scholarship programme, run by the South African Institute of International Affairs (SAIIA).
This unique scholarship programme provides funding to complete a full-year internship at SAIIA in parallel to a Masters degree in International Relations, Political Science, Economics, Law or Journalism at WITS, UCT or Stellenbosch University.
Successful applicants have to meet the entry requirements for a Masters degree at the above institutions, be a South African resident (or eligible for residency status), and be younger than 30 years old.
Successful candidates will receive a full bursary for their tuition fees and a monthly stipend to cover their living costs and accommodation. The programme is output-focused, and scholars are assigned mentors.
The application should include:
- A letter of support/endorsement from one of your current lecturers for enrolment into a Masters Programme.
- A full CV that includes at least one additional written reference with your application.
- Your full academic record.
- Two written samples of your own writing.
- A two-page motivation of why you are applying for the scholarship programme and why you should be considered as an applicant.
- Completed quiz (open for qualifying applicants only)
To start the application process click here.
Please view terms and conditions here:
The closing date for the 2022 applications is 15 September 2021.