Statische Inhalte Detail - Political Dialogue West Africa
The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung e.V. awards full scholarships for a master's degree, a doctorate or a research visit of at least three semesters at a university in Germany. We are looking for socially or politically involved students and doctoral candidates of all disciplines , who are not older than 30 years and who can prove that they have a German language proficiency on level B1  or B2 of the European Reference Framework. An excellent academic performance and a positive attitude towards democracy, pluralism and human rights are also required.
In addition to the financial support, our scholarship holders benefit in particular from:
- an access to an international network of scholarship holders and alumni of the Konrad-AdenauerStiftung with more than 14,000 people,
- an extensive seminar programme accompanying the studies and the opportunity to organise seminars and events independently,
- the personal support during studies and for career planning by the advisors at the department for the promotion of foreign nationals at the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung and our liaison professors at the universities.
The standard funding periods are two years (Master) and three years (PhD), respectively. The monthly amount of the scholarship is 850 Euro for Master students and 1.200 Euro for PhD students.
Please send your complete application by 5th July 2020 to email@example.com.
An overview of the application documents can be found on page 2 of the announcement.
Necessary documents for the application
Please download and fill out the application form and attach the following documents:
- A meaningful CV including details about your previous voluntary work or social commitment
- Motivation letter (max. 1.5 pages),
- Copies of your examination certificates with a German translation if the originals are not in English  ,
- Copies of your studies performance records if you have been studying at a university in Germany,
- Proof of German language skills (B1 or B2-level),
- An academic letter of recommendation: This letter should provide information about your academic qualifications and potential; it should not be older than two months. The author has to be a university professor or teacher holding a doctoral degree,
- A letter of recommendation concerning the applicant’s personality: This letter should focus on your personality and interests as well as your values and social commitment. The author cannot be the same as the one providing the academic letter of recommendation,
- Proof of your voluntary work,
- A certificate of admission or matriculation from your university in Germany, if available.
If you are applying for a PhD-Scholarship, please include additionally the following documents:
- A detailed description of your doctoral thesis: This exposé, written in German or English (4-5 pages), should outline the central research question of your proposed project, its scientific relevance, your theoretical approach and the motives behind your choice of the research subject. It should also contain a work and time schedule and a bibliography,
- Letter of recommendation from a university professor who assesses the dissertation project, the applicant's academic qualifications and personal suitability (if a confirmation of supervision has already been issued, this letter of recommendation must be issued by the doctoral supervisor),
- Letter of recommendation from another university professor who assesses the applicant's academic qualifications (the personality assessment required above does not apply to applicants for a doctoral scholarship),
- A written confirmation from the intended faculty or department stating that the admission to the doctoral programme is unconditional, if already available.
 Funding is available for courses of study at both universities of applied sciences and universities. Second degree courses, second doctorates and postgraduate courses in medicine are excluded from funding.
 A sufficient knowledge in German (level B2) is obligatory for all scholars before the beginning of their university studies in Germany. In exceptional cases, we financially support German language courses in Germany to achieve B2 level as preparation for your studies in Germany.
 In the application procedure, it is sufficient to send the university certificates and performance records as well as the German translations to firstname.lastname@example.org. English documents do not have to be translated. In case of admission, these documents must then be officially certified. Originals of the certificates and translations remain with the applicant.