Static Contents Detail - Foundation Office Cambodia
KAS Young Journalist Traineeship 2023: Call for Applications
6-Month Traineeship Program
KAS Young Journalist Traineeship Program 2023
Duration: 6 Months (1st March 2023 – 31st August 2023)
About the program
Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) Cambodia has been a prominent supporter of journalism development and journalists' education in Cambodia since 1994. We believe journalism plays a crucial role in promoting democracy and bringing together an inclusive society when every voice is heard.
KAS Young Journalist Traineeship Program aims to provide media students and enthusiasts with hands-on experience in news reporting and writing by working in an actual newsroom for six months.
***Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply!
The selected candidates will be working in various newsrooms as full-time reporters. You will attend newsroom meetings, research, pitch story ideas, conduct field reporting, write news articles and perform other relevant tasks assigned by editors or supervisors.
● Develop professional journalism skills
● Gain working experience in a respected independent newsroom
● Establish a professional network in media and journalism
● Receive monthly financial support of $320 (including health insurance for the duration of the program)
● Access all KAS Cambodia's events and activities
● Become KAS alumni member
● Receive a certificate of completion
● Strong interest in journalism
● Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
● High level of English proficiency
● Attend KAS Cambodia's events and activities
● Write a report within two weeks after the completion of traineeship
● Maintain good communication with the program manager at KAS Cambodia during the program
Hosting News Outlets
● CamboJA News - 1 post
● SEA Globe -1 post
● VOA (Khmer & English) 1 post
● VOD English 1 post
● Kiripost 1 post
● Cambodianess 1 post
Who can apply?
● Year 4th or 3rd students or recent graduates with a strong interest in journalism
● Early-career journalists
● Citizen journalists
How to apply
Your application should include:
● A CV (two A4 pages max)
● Motivation letter (300 words max) highlighting why you want to participate in this program.
● Samples of previous writings (including school assignments or published articles, blog posts, etc.)
Please submit your application in one PDF file with a title “Application for KAS Young Journalist Traineeship 2023” to Mr. Phan Soumy, Media & Journalism Program Manager, at Soumy.email@example.com.
Deadline: 10th February 2023
***Note: Incomplete applications or failure to follow instruction will not be considered.