detail - Foundation Office Cambodia
This portlet should not exist anymore
Call for Applications:
The Political Empowerment Academy (PEA) seeks to enhance the political participation of young people in Cambodia with the aim to empower them to be the driving force for a positive social change and to be the next generation of political, governmental, and civil society leaders for the country. To this end, the academy is particularly seeking to attract participation from Cambodian young people who are keen on engaging in the field of politics and sociality. Our theme this year will be focusing on "Youth and Digital Civic Engagement".
The academy will last for 4 days (August 12th-15th, 2021) at a further-decided location outside of Phnom Penh city and will gather political-interested youths from different spheres and institutions to learn, discuss, analyze, and reflect the matter of politics within the selected themes in general and in Cambodia context, as well as to transform those political and social-related ideas into an implementable project which will benefit Cambodian society as a whole.
Applications are now open for young politicians, actors of civil society as well as young professionals in state institutions, and students. Any interested applicants are invited to submit their applications by July 02nd, 2021. Significant weight will be given to the applicant's motivation and willingness to participate in the academy. The Working language of the 4-days academy will be Khmer and English.
What PEA aims:
- To boost participation and empower young people in Cambodian political processes
- To promote an open and friendly environment for political and social discussion among Cambodian youths
- To expand a network of and establish a dialogue among high potential and politically interested youth from different political perspectives
- To enable youths to transform their ideas and willingness into an input for a better social and political environment in the country
What You can Benefits:
- 4-days academy consisting of skill training, expert-talk, and lecture, interactive discussions among experts and participants
- a lifetime network building with experts and other participants with different background and experiences in the socio-political field
- Skill improvement: critical thinking, communication, debate, project implementation, etc.
- Knowledge improvement: politics in general and in the Cambodian context, governance, etc,
- A chance to compete in project pitching and receive a grant to implement the project
- A certificate after the successful completion of the Academy
Participation in the Academy is free of charge. KAS will cover all costs related to participation in the Academy. In addition, the participants will be provided relevant document kits during the Academy.
Who do we look for:
KAS and Politikoffee will recruit 15-20 Cambodian young individuals who are:
- Politically interested and socially engaged and who ideally have the goal to be part of Cambodian politics in the future
- Strongly motivated and committed to being part of the 4-days academy
- Members of political parties, civil society activists, civil servants, members of the community and municipal council, or senior university students
How to apply:
Interested applicants are invited to submit two important documents to Chanbormey.Long@kas.de no later than July 09, 2021, 12:00pm
- CV (No more than 2 pages)
- Motivation Letter answering the four questions below (maximum two pages following this format - font: Time New Roman and margin: 1.15 inch for the whole paper):
- Why do you wish to join the Political Empowerment Academy?
- What do you think about the roles of youth in digital civic engagement?
- Have you ever involved or participated in social or political acts or campaigns? Describe it.
- What kind/area of project you wish to implement in a team?
***Note: Applications that exceed the page limit and incomplete applications will not be considered. Your application must be named and sent in the following manner:
- Subject: Application KASPEA 2021
- Name of your attached documents: "Your Name_CV/Motivation Letter"
Call for Applications: June 11th, 2021
Deadline of the Application: July 09nd, 2021
Result of Succesful Candidate: Within two weeks after the deadline of Application
Date of Academy: August 12th-15th, 2021
For any questions regarding the Academy, applications, and practical arrangements, please contact Ms. Chanbormey Long at chanbormey.Long@kas.de or Mr. Oudom Oum at email@example.com