Scholarships for a Master's Program in Germany - Foundation Office Philippines
Applications to the fully funded Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Scholarships for further studies in Germany are now open! Committed to political and social change, well-connected, and globally competitive, KAS scholars become part of the global network of KAS and will have the opportunity to actively contribute to nation building through the national and international work of the KAS. Browse the different subsections to learn more about the offerings, qualifications, requirements, and application procedure.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by KAS to submit the original, hard copies of all the documents submitted via email for authentication.
Applicants will be duly notified via email regarding the status, and subsequently, decisions on their application.
Due to the volume of applications, KAS will not be able to provide individual feedback to applicants with regard to the status of their application or KAS’ decision on the same. In this regard, the KAS will NOT answer questions or follow ups regarding the status of any application, nor will it answer any inquiries regarding scholarship decisions.
We look forward to your applications and good luck, future KAS scholars!
Scholarships from the KAS Scholarships and Culture (BK) Department
These scholarships are aimed at prospective international students and graduates who intend to complete postgraduate or master studies, doctoral studies, or a research stay of at least 4 semesters at a university in Germany.
The BK Department Scholarship is recommended for all prospective applicants who are not connected to the work or projects of KAS.All interested should directly check the web page of the Department at https://www.kas.de/en/web/begabtenfoerderung-und-kultur/auslaenderfoerderung for information regarding the eligibility, requirements, the application process, and timelines.
Scholarships from the KAS European and International Cooperation (HA EIZ) Department
If you are already connected with KAS through our work or your research/study objectives directly feeds into one of our projects in the Philippines, then the HA EIZ Scholarship is an opportunity for you.
This grant is a fully funded scholarship which shall cover applicable university fees, travel expenses, health insurance, and basic living costs.
The following types of further education in Germany are eligible:
- higher education (master’s degrees)
- research stays
Higher Education (Master’s Degrees)
Funding is given to promising individuals who intend to pursue their master’s program at a public university in Germany. The minimum funding period is 6 months, and the maximum funding period is 2 years.
Scholarships are initially awarded for 1 year and are then extended following an evaluation of achievements.
- For applicants whose start of study is in the winter semester, applications must be received by 30 June of the same year as the start of the winter semester.
- For applicants whose start of study is the summer semester, applications must be received by 30 November of the year before the summer semester.
Late applications will NOT be processed.
Funding is given to research stays to universities, research institutions, archives, etc. in Germany. The maximum period of funding is 6 months.
Applications for a scholarship for research stays can be submitted anytime. However, with consideration to the timeline of the full review process for these applications, requirements should be submitted no later than 4 months before the start of the research stay being applied for.
Eligibility and Qualifications
The applicant must:
- be a Filipino national.
- with permanent residence in and is currently residing in the Philippines.
- have gained admission to a master’s program at a German public university or a research stay at a German institution for which the relevant field of study is the social sciences, development studies, media/journalism, public policy and administration, or law.
- hold a bachelor's degree or its equivalent with a superior academic record.
- be fluent in English. Knowledge of German is an advantage
- show exceptional commitment and passion to contribute to the political, economic, and social well-being of the Philippines.
- For those applying for master's degree scholarships: proof of acceptance or admission into a German public university.
- For those applying for research stay scholarships: registration certificate or approval or proof of admission by the institution where the research stay will be carried out
Additionally, all applicants must also submit the following requirements:
- Accomplished KAS application form (form attached).
- Application letter addressed to Ms. Daniela Braun, Country Director for the Philippines, which outlines the following:
- an introduction about yourself. It is also important to include an explanation of your connection to KAS or your project’s contribution (or possible contribution) to the work of KAS in the Philippines;
- your reasons for the planned training or higher education; and
- an explanation of how you can incorporate what you will learn in your further studies or research stay into the work done by KAS and its partners in the Philippines
- Detailed description of the goal, contents, start, duration, format, and costs of the intended training or further education format.
- CV in tabular format.
- Certified true copy of your scholastic records (diploma/s and Transcript of Record/s for each higher degree institution declared in your CV).
- At least two (2) signed letters of recommendation. One (1) letter should come from a current employer if you are employed or already have applicable work experience.
- Health certificate that you are fit to study and travel to Germany.
- Declaration of consent to data protection (form attached).
Submission of Documents
Applicants must first submit scanned/soft copies of the requirements via email to firstname.lastname@example.org following the guidelines below. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
Email Subject (as applicable)
- Summer Semester Master’s Scholarship Application – Full Name
- Winter Semester Master’s Scholarship Application – Full Name
- [Period or Date of the Research Stay e.g. Jun. 1, 2023 to Dec. 1 2023] Research Stay Scholarship Application – Full Name
Files should be named the documents according to the following format:
- LAST NAME, FIRST NAME – Name of Document (e.g. NAVARRO, SOPHIYA – KAS Application Form)
Documents must be submitted in PDF format or image file format, where applicable. Please DO NOT submit documents in .docx or word format.