The 2020 SWS Survey Review - Foundation Office Philippines
This portlet should not exist anymore
Some striking results from the 2020 SWS Survey Review as presented by SWS President, Dr. Mahar Mangahas:
* Next to television, Filipinos source their news from Facebook.
* Whether Marawi can fully recover, people in BARMM are less hopeful, particularly Maranaos.
* 76% of Filipinos see "many" human rights abuses in the administration’s "war on drugs".
* Perceived safety of homes and streets remain the same. However, illegal drug use is lower.
* 87% of Filipinos agree that the government must assert the Philippines' right to the islands in the West Philippine Sea.
* 52% of Filipinos agree that the rising number of foreign Chinese working in the Philippines is a threat to the country’s overall security.
* 78% of Filipinos think that the Philippines' relations with the US is more important than with China.
Dean of the Ateneo School of Government Dr. Ronald U Mendoza and Director of the UP IMLOS - Institute for Maritime Affairs and Law of the Sea Dr. Jay Batongbacal served as reactors. AIM Policy Center Executive Director Dr. Jammu Francisco and KAS Country Director Prof. Dr. Stefan Jost gave the opening and closing remarks, respectively.
For more information about Dr. Mangahas's presentation, go to: The 2020 SWS Survey Review