Praktikum - Political Dialogue West Africa
The Regional Programme Political Dialogue West Africa - our focal countries are Côte d’Ivoire, Benin and Togo – offers students the possibility to do an internship that allows them to further their professional knowledge and skills. Working in our office requires a high degree of team orientation, commitment and flexibility. As an intern, you get to know the working procedures of the KAS office in Abidjan, work with our partner organisations and gain an insight into the political situation in West Africa and particularly in Côte d’Ivoire.
Internship requirements are:
- Studies of political, social, regional, economic sciences or law as well as other disciplines related to (West) Africa
- Completed 4th semester at the time of the internship
- Excellent French language skills
- Good English language skills are an advantage
- Interest in the political and social development of West Africa
Your tasks include:
- Providing support during the preparation, implementation and follow-up phases of dialogue events (this may also involve working in the evening or occasionally at the weekend). This includes, for example, participation in project meetings with partner organisations, conceptualisation of event programmes but also the practical preparation of the conference room
- Participating in external events and preparing activity reports
- Researching and preparing political analyses
- Providing administrative support (e.g. research of suitable restaurants and preparation of cost reports)
An internship usually lasts three months, in individual cases the period can be shortened or extended. A salary cannot be paid, however interns do receive a monthly allowance. We are happy to assist you in finding accommodation.
At the end of the internship, a certificate will be issued.
If you are interested, please contact Katharina Hopp and send your complete application documents (motivation letter, CV, certificates, enrolment certificate and details on the desired internship period) to firstname.lastname@example.org. The letter of motivation may be written in German or French.
Further information for the planning of the internship, including the current security situation and health preconditions, can be found on the homepage of the German Embassy in Côte d’Ivoire https://abidjan.diplo.de/.