detail - Cambodia Office
This portlet should not exist anymore
Call for Application
The purpose of the TELPLP Program is to expand knowledge of and improve teaching skills in environmental law for Cambodian Professors and legal practitioners in order to have more effective development and enforcement of environmental law in the longer term. It is seeking particularly to attract members of the Cambodian Environmental Law Academy (CELA), university professors, lecturers, legal practitioners, and Doctoral and Master Students who are interested in teaching and researching in the field of environmental law.
This two-day training program will enhance the capacity of law teachers in universities and practitioners in Cambodia in the field of environmental law and natural resources management. It will involve an overview of the nature and content of environmental law and also will have a strong focus on the illustration of a wide range of teaching methodologies that are particularly suited to the context of environmental law and in line with the National Qualification Framework.
Applications are now open for environmental law professors, lecturers, and practitioners in Cambodia. Any interested applicants are invited to submit online application and CV (including a list of your publications, if any) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business, February 20, 2019. Participants will be selected on a competitive basis by KAS and FLPA. Only successful candidates will be notified on March 15, 2019. Significant weight will be given to the applicant's motivations for teaching environmental law and/or participating in this training program. The travel, accommodation and food expenses of the selected participants will be covered by KAS. The language of the training will be in Khmer and English.
- To build a basic knowledge of Environment and Ecology Concept
- To strengthen knowledge on Principles of International Environmental law and International Environmental Law Agreement
- To install knowledge on specific environmental law such as natural resource management, and climate change and adaptation
- To develop teaching skills in Environmental law
- On top of these, the training aims to build network and promote professors and experts in environmental law in Cambodia.
In order to apply for the training, an applicant must:
- Have one of the following background: environmental law professor, lecturer, legal practitioner, researcher or a master student interested in the topic
- have a strong motivation in the field (list of publication, if any)
- Be committed to participating in the training
- Be willing to share knowledge with other people
Benefit and Anticipated Outcomes
- 25 professors and practitioners are trained on environmental law
- Increasing awareness of environmental law knowledge and teaching to Professors and legal practitioners in Cambodia (CELA’s members, Professors, lawyers, judges, students, etc.);
- Increasing capacity in teaching, research and publication among Cambodians in the field of environmental law;
- Course syllabus on special environmental laws are developed
- A compilation of Cambodian environmental law, existing sub-decrees, regulations and research studies
- The training will involve with 3 trainers and 25 participants (academia, professionals, government and non-government, business, etc.) plus KAS’s team.
- Call for Application: 29 January 2019
- Deadline of Application 20 February 2019
- Selection of Participants 15 March 2019
- Training Program 04-05 April 2019