Fake News, Social Bots and other Challenges for Political Communication - Foundation Office Greece and Cyprus
This portlet should not exist anymore
Konrad Adenauer Stiftung and diaNEOsis are hosting a panel discussion on the issue of fake news and social bots in political communication.
The panelists will focus on questions such as:
- Why are there fake news and how do they influence public opinion?
- What is “post-truth politics” and how has it emerged?
- How do governments, political campaigns and other entities “weaponize" the dissemination of false information?
- Which are the sources and the consequences of the problem?
- Are politicians -or voters- less honest than before?
- Is the effect on public discourse reversible?
Babis Papadimitriou, Journalist Kathimerini, Skai TV
Tabea Wilke, Digital Strategist, Founder of Βotswatch, Berlin
Thodoris Georgakopoulos, Editorial Director, diaNEOsis
Dr. George Tzogopoulos, Jounralist, Author of "Τhe Greek Crisis in the Media"
Tasos Telloglou, Journalist Kathimerini
Please follow the link in order to register.
Simultaneous interpretation will be available in Greek and English