Praktikum bei der KAS Indien - Foundation Office India
What you offer:
- you are a student of political or social sciences, law, economics or communication studies. You should have completed the second year of your studies
- you speak German on a nearly native-level (if possible) and you have high-level proficiency of English
- you are interested in political contexts
- you are a creative person and comfortable with working in teams
What we offer:
- Insight in the work of our India Office
- possibility to contribute to organizing our events and writing event and political reports
- introduction to processes of project management
- insight in India’s political situation
- letter of reference
The work of the political foundations abroad is an integral part of German foreign and development politics. During an internship at Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung’s India Office in New Delhi, which is responsible for the entire country, you will get a profound insight into the organization itself as well as the areas of activity of an internationally operating non-governmental organization. Yet, the internship does not replace a regular job position as its primary function is to enable the acquisition of professional knowledge, competencies and skills. At the end of the internship you will be given an attestation of the duration of your internship as well as a letter of reference.
Loyalty, commitment, team orientation and identification with the Christian-democratic values, that Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung represents, are essential preconditions for being able to work as an intern in our India Office in New Delhi. When selecting interns, students of political or social sciences, law, economics and journalism are given preference. Knowledge of the politics, societies and economies of South Asia are an asset. Working in our small team requires a high level of commitment in order for your tasks – especially in the scope of the preparation and conduction of events – to be diverse and versatile.
Information about the duration and remuneration of the internship
In general, the duration of the internship lasts between at least two and maximum three months. Exceptions and extensions are possible but need to be discussed with the office’s Resident Representative. KAS India Office does not grant any remuneration for the internship. All costs including living expenses, rent and travel costs are to be defrayed by the intern. Applicants should therefore ensure the funding of the internship in advance. KAS India Office can assist with finding an apartment.
- organizational support of the ongoing business in the office
- analysis of the daily South Asian press (newspapers, internet) and short oral or written presentation of the relevant news
- organizational and content-related support of events
- participation in lecture events and writing of event reports
- devising of reports together with the office’s directorship which are being forwarded to the KAS head office in Berlin
- assistance with research for articles and essays
We highly recommend to thoroughly prepare yourself in the forerun of the internship. The KAS India Team in New Delhi as well as the country division at the KAS head office in Berlin are available to assist if applicants require further information. The thematic focus of the internship will be agreed upon individually, however, applicants should inform themselves about the office’s work and should name areas of interest in their cover letter. The following websites can be helpful in finding further information about Indian politics and should be consulted thoroughly before the beginning of the internship:
The websites of different daily newspaper can also be helpful when preparing for the internship, e.g.:
Application documents should include a CV as well as a detailed cover letter stating the applicant’s motivation for interning with KAS India Office as well as possible work focusses. As there is a high demand for internships, applications should be submitted via e-mail at least six months prior to the desired internship period.
KAS Team New Delhi