Praktikum - Foundation Office Cambodia
Who we are:
Freedom, justice and solidarity are the basic principles underlying the work of the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS). The KAS is a political foundation, closely associated with the Christian Democratic Union of Germany (CDU). As co-founder of the CDU and the first Chancellor of the Federal Republic of Germany, Konrad Adenauer (1876-1967) united Christian-social, conservative and liberal traditions. His name is synonymous with the democratic reconstruction of Germany, the firm alignment of foreign policy with the trans-Atlantic community of values, the vision of a unified Europe and an orientation towards the social market economy. His intellectual heritage continues to serve both as our aim as well as our obligation today. KAS has been working in Cambodia since 1994, striving to support the Cambodian people in strengthening democracy, the rule of law and human rights. Thereby, the foundation works towards creating an environment conducive to economic and social development. All programs are conceived and implemented in close cooperation with the Cambodian partners on central and sub-national levels.
What we offer to you:
In your internship you will get interesting insights in the work of an international political organization, engaged in diverse development projects in Cambodia:
- Working as a member of a motivated team, where you have the opportunity to work flexible, bring in your own ideas and take responsibilities
- Planning and implementation of projects
- Support of public affairs
- Participation in conferences, workshops, trainings and preparation of reports
- Assistance in writing/publishing articles or doing literature research and analysis
- Maintenance of the website and other social media tools
Internships at the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung are compensated with a monthly allowance of 300 USD gross.
We are looking for Cambodian and German interns in order to foster a multicultural exchange.
- Study areas of Political Science, Economics, Journalism, Law, Public Management are preferred
- Advanced stage of studies (2nd year or higher)
- Computer skills including advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Loyal, committed, team oriented, honest, hardworking, and willing to learn
- No work experience required
- Applicants must hold either German or Cambodian citizenship.
Internships are full time and should be at least 3 months long. You can apply all year round.
Send you application (meaningful letter of interest, CV) as one PDF-file to Mr. Maurizio Paciello.