Adenauer Young Scholars for Excellence 2023: Call for Application! - Foundation Office Cambodia
Study and Information Program
This portlet should not exist anymore
The programme aims to equip young scholars with the foundational knowledge of public policy and an understanding of important public policy issues in Cambodia. Besides, the programme provides the fellows with a better understanding of the key roles of public and private organisations in contributing to policy formulation, making, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation. Additionally, the programme offers the fellows insight into what impacts public policy is on social, economic, and political spheres, and how those policy impacts are measured and evaluated. Moreover, the programme develops students’ leadership, research and analytical/critical-thinking skills to propose practical policy recommendations and contribute to addressing common policy-related challenges in Cambodia. This programme, indeed, also enables the fellows to expand their networks instrumental in shaping their career goals.
Furthermore, the programme will launch of a flagship publication titled “Adenauer Young Scholars Policy Brief/Commentary”. Each fellow must contribute one article to this new launch of the annual publication. This publication will serve as KAS Cambodia’s flagship publication that opens exclusively for young scholars in Cambodia. This will be a joint publication for the fellow from other programmes under the KAS Cambodia office as well namely KAS Horizon, KAS FLY, Young Journalist, etc. However, along the process, the fellows will be encouraged to publish articles on newspapers.
To engage the fellows with public policymakers and experts, the programme will organize seminars to discuss selected topics of public policy issues. At the end of the programme, there will be a “Public Policy Conference” to discuss selected themes with the participation of various stakeholders in the field and related fields, while taking that opportunity to launch the publication.
- Equip students with the foundational knowledge of public policy and a deep understanding of more pressing and critical public policy issues in Cambodia.
- Enhance students’ understanding of the important roles of public and private organisations in contributing to public policy formulation, policy making, policy implementation, policy monitoring, and policy appraisal or evaluation.
- Enhance students’ understanding of the meaningful impacts of those organisations on policy.
- Enable students to meaningfully engage with public organisations and policymakers.
- Develop students’ analytical and critical-thinking skills to address policy challenges.
- Orientation Camp in the selected province in Cambodia
- In-class lectures, group discussions, presentations, publications
- Eight lectures on public policy and four sessions of complimentary skills training (see in file)
- Publications: Commentary and policy brief
- One seminar and one conference
- The program fully covers all related cost
- Attend the orientation camp in the selected province
- Able to develop technical skills, soft skills, and digital skills
- In-depth research and writing skills
- Opportunity to publish own articles on selected channels (KAS, IISPP, Media)
- Expand knowledge in the public policy sector
- Exclusive access to KAS Cambodia events
- Expand broad network with scholars, practitioners, experts, and stakeholders in the field
- Call for application (19th November 2022 – 07th December 2022)
- Application review and shortlisting: 07th – 10th December 2022
- Interview phase: 13th – 16th December 2022
- Final result announcement: 20th – 25th December 2022
- Applicant must submit: a curriculum vitae and motivation letter (each 2-pages maximum) and attach with one article written by them (Optional); can be any topic with social science discipline and of any format e.g. school's assignment, op-ed piece, etc.
All applications must be sent to Mr. Chhayheng Soth, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Deadline: 07th December 2022, 5:00 PM. Only the shortlisted applicants will be invited to the interview within December 2022. The announcement of selected applicants will be notified via email within December 2022.
- Preferably year 3 and 4 students
- Fresh graduates and young professionals can also apply.
- Field of study: Political science, international relations, economics, environment, law, public health, or any related academic field.
Dr. Lak Chansok, Lecturer, Institute for International Studies and Public Policy, Royal University of Phnom Penh | Email: email@example.com
- Mr. Chhayheng Soth, Program Officer, Konrad Adenauer Stiftung Cambodia | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Mobile & Telegram: +855 088 6396 842