detail - Foundation Office Cambodia
This portlet should not exist anymore
Research Colloquium is a monthly public seminar, co-organized by KAS Cambodia and Paragon International University, that gathers researchers from all walks of life to engage in an interactive environment on ongoing research projects in Cambodia. We aim to build an essential manner to improve the quality of research findings through a feedback mechanism. The Colloquium provides an inclusive opportunity for senior university students, researchers, academicians, experts, policy-makers and practitioners from all backgrounds to present their research projects and seek constructive feedback to improve the quality of their papers. Research Colloquium session will be conducted once every last Thursday of the month throughout the entire 2021, from 15:30 – 17:30, at the KAS Cambodia office. 1-2 selected speakers will have the opportunity to present their research papers on different topics in each month’s Colloquium session. We aim to build a bigger Research Community and leverage a stronger network among researchers in Cambodia.
Call for Speakers:
Research Colloquium is now open for potential speakers to submit and present their ongoing research projects on all kinds of topics. Selected speakers will be scheduled for presenting the papers throughout the annual timelines. Thereby, researchers of ongoing research projects are encouraged to apply. Any interested applicants have to complete the online application via the link below with the draft abstract of the paper. Selected speakers will be informed by every first week of the month or at last three weeks before scheduling for presentation. Paper and presentation shall be in English while the 20-minute duration will be reserved for content presentation, followed by 10-minute constructive discussion.
Who we are looking for:
- Professional researchers, academicians, experts, policy-makers and practitioners
- Senior university students or students of research
- Having a clear abstract and well-defined plan of a research project
- Willing to share and opening for constructive feedback
**You don’t need to have a final research paper to be a speaker
- Constructive feedback from the Research Community
- In-depth research discussion
- Research Community network leverage
- USD 50 Speaker Honorarium per each speaker or up to USD 100 Greatest Mention Honorarium (based on the level of quality assessment of the research paper and presentation)
- Best final research papers will be published in the annual Research Colloquium publication, published by KAS Cambodia and Paragon International University
Reviewing and Selecting Processes:
- Application and abstract review - the Editorial Board
- Selected speaker and schedule announcement
- Ongoing research paper preview - the Research Community prior to the presentation
- Presentation date
How to apply:
An online application is available here for any interested researchers. If you wish to present your research paper in any month’s Colloquium session, you might have to submit your online application and abstract by the very first week of that month. Later submission will be scheduled for the next following month’s presentation instead if get selected.
For any questions, please contact Mr. Oudom Oum at Oudom.Oum@kas.de.