Single title - Foundation Office Lebanon
This portlet should not exist anymore
- Independently managing the projects for the Lebanon Country Office in accordance with the tasks and project goals, and activities agreed with the partner and/or agreements with the superior
- Providing professional advice to partners and cooperating with important stakeholders.
1. Professional advisory services
- Advises partner institutions in identifying needs, developing concepts and strategies, and provides technical input
- Contributes to preparing and implementing the coordination process, project/program activities and work in Lebanon
- Formulates job descriptions and terms of reference and selects third parties in the course of carrying out project/program activities
- Monitors the development and implementation of project/program plans and activities in close consultation with partners
- Organizes and participates in official events, meetings, workshops, seminars and other events on issues related to the project/program’s area of activity
- Develops and monitors project progress, including narrative and financial reporting, reviews reports and documents on the progress of the project/program, identifies bottlenecks and recommends alternative options
- Conducts political, economic and legal analyzes and drafts periodical articles, fact sheets and reports
- Prepares and implements educational activities like i.e. organizing visiting delegations to and from Germany and the EU.
- Contributes to the regular planning updates
- Communicates with KAS headquarters and other regional KAS offices.
2. Networking and cooperation
- Ensures cooperation, regular contact and dialogue with partners and other KAS offices in the region; plans and carries out PR and media work and cooperates with local communities, relevant organizations, non-governmental agencies and individuals in the project/program environment and with other projects to improve and maintain good working relationships
- Contributes to the updating and following up of the webpage of KAS Lebanon and social media
- Communicates local interests and efforts, forwards these and encourages sharing ideas and information for the benefit of the project/program
- Travels (in Lebanon and abroad) in accordance with project requirements.
3. Knowledge management
- Draws up reports and presentation documents
- Formulates appropriate input for various project/program reports including annual reports, and contributes to the other reports required by the superior
- Conducts research activities and studies on a broad variety of issues which benefit the program/project.
4. Management and coordination tasks
- Is responsible for program/project planning and develops project concepts and strategies, ensures implementation
- Coordinates and prioritizes relevant project activities at local level in cooperation with the partners, both as regards the organizational preparation and implementation of the activities
- Monitors the program/project budget in consultation with the accountant
- Compiles the relevant information for activities and assignments.
5. Other duties/additional tasks
- Files relevant documents related to the project/program according to KAS regulations (i.e. in Favorit digital database)
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of the superior.
6. Required qualifications, competences and experience
- M.A. degree in an area related to the project/program objectives, preferably in Political/ Social Sciences, Economy and Finance, or Middle Eastern Studies.
- Professional experience
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience, including previous experience in project management and/or comparable responsibility in a multi-national work environment.
- Other knowledge, additional competences
- Motivated, proactive and dynamic personality
- Strong analytical, organizational, communication and writing skills
- Wide interest in history, politics and economy of Lebanon and the region
- Capability and willingness to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task effectively; to work under pressure
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and precision, ensuring high quality standards are maintained
- Proven IT skills
- Fluent written and oral knowledge of Arabic and English is essential; knowledge of German is a plus
- Excellent diplomatic and networking skills and a deep understanding of political processes; experience of high level representation and interaction on behalf of KAS
- Professional and personal identification with and full commitment to the values and principles of KAS as a German political foundation.