detail - Foundation Office Lebanon
This portlet should not exist anymore
The ongoing and growing bad situation in Lebanon since 2019 didn’t push the Lebanese citizens and especially youth to claim early elections. Moreover, most of the Lebanese youth are reluctant to participate in any elections either through voting or running as candidates. Knowing that elections is the one of the main rights in any democratic system, we found it necessary to work on strengthening the awareness of youth on the role of electoral systems and the importance of electoral laws and its contents.
The project mainly targets Lebanese youth as secondary and university students and youth in marginalized and remote areas. It aims to enhance the youth’s sense of responsibility and commitment, and the respect for their rights and roles.
The project is conducted through a series of workshops done by Assem Chaya, researcher and lecturer specialized in electoral systems, on electoral systems, electoral laws and the importance of youth participation in the elections.
For this year, 5 workshops were conducted:
- Workshop 1, October 24th. 2020: Youth of Kaa club
- Workshop 2, November 14th, 2020: Sagesse University
- Workshop 3, November 16th, 2020: Lebanese University
- Workshop4, November 17th, 2020: USEK University
- Workshop5, November 23rd, 2020: Youth council of Rachaya federation of municipalities