Young Scholars for Excellence Programme - Foundation Office Malaysia
About the Scholarship:
The Young Scholars for Excellence Programme of Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Malaysia (KAS Malaysia) is open to full-time students of Malaysian nationality. Our aim is to prepare young Malaysians for academic and professional success by granting financial support and facilitating personal development.
What does the scholarship include?
- Full payment of the course tuition fees of your Bachelor programme for the academic year 2021/2022,
- An award of MYR 2,000 per month for the duration of one academic year,
- Additional payment for the purchase of books related to your Bachelor programme, up to MYR 500 maximum per academic year,
- The possibility for extension of the scholarship for a subsequent Master’s course in Malaysia,
- Invitations to KAS event and access to publications,
- A chance to connect with local and international experts,
- An opportunity to publish own paper(s),
- And the chance to become a member of KAS’s Alumni network.
Who are we looking for?
To be eligible for our scholarship you should
- be enrolled as a full-time student at a public university in Malaysia,
- have completed the first and second year of your Bachelor’s programme,
- prove above average academic performance and have a minimum CGPA of 3.5,
- currently study either Law, Political Science, Social Science, Business and Economics, Journalism, International Relations or in another related field,
- have a very good command of the English language (written and spoken),
- prove active participation in some form of community engagement or volunteer work,
- demonstrate abilities for critical thinking,
- possess a broad general knowledge and a distinct interest in Malaysian political issues,
- have a positive attitude towards development, democracy and human rights,
- be open to develop your personal points of view and practice tolerance, and
- be highly motivated and able to convince us of your goals in life.
not bonded to or holding any other scholarships or receiving financial assistance from any organisations.
How do you apply?
Please send the following documents combined into ONE PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The completed Young Scholars for Excellence Programme application form,
- A letter of motivation stating
- your motivation to apply,
- reflections on your career ambitions,
- details about your interests,
- your understanding of values and social commitment and
- how you would like to engage with KAS’ activities during your scholarship.
- One informal academic letter of recommendation
- containing information about your academic qualifications and potential,
- it should not be older than two months,
- the author has to be a university professor or teacher holding a doctoral degree.
- Certificate of admission or matriculation from your university,
- Copies of your examination certificates,
- Certificate proving your voluntary, social or community engagement,
- Copies of your studies performance records so far.
For the Academic Year 2021/2022 starting in October 2021 please send us your complete application digitally by 01 August 2021. Selected candidates will be invited for a selection interview by mid August 2021. Successful applicants will be notified of their successful application before the end of August 2021.