Young Scholars for Excellence Programme - Foundation Office Malaysia
About the Scholarship:
The Young Scholars for Excellence Programme of Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Malaysia (KAS Malaysia) is open to full-time students of Malaysian nationality. Our aim is to prepare young Malaysians for academic and professional success by granting financial support and facilitating personal development.
What does the scholarship include?
- Full payment of the course tuition fees of your Bachelor programme for the academic year 2021/2022,
- An award of MYR 2,000 per month for the duration of one academic year,
- Additional payment for the purchase of books related to your Bachelor programme, up to MYR 500 maximum per academic year,
- The possibility for extension of the scholarship for a subsequent Master’s course in Malaysia,
- Invitations to KAS event and access to publications,
- A chance to connect with local and international experts,
- An opportunity to publish own paper(s),
- And the chance to become a member of KAS’s Alumni network.
Who are we looking for?
To be eligible for our scholarship you should:
- be enrolled as a full-time student at a public university in Malaysia,
- have completed the first and second year (i.e. going into the final year) of your Bachelor’s programme,
- prove above average academic performance and have a minimum CGPA of 3.5,
- currently study either Law, Political Science, Social Science, Business and Economics, Journalism, International Relations or in another related field,
- have a very good command of the English language (written and spoken),
- prove active participation in some form of community engagement or volunteer work,
- demonstrate abilities for critical thinking,
- possess a broad general knowledge and a distinct interest in Malaysian political issues,
- have a positive attitude towards development, democracy and human rights,
- be open to develop your personal points of view and practice tolerance, and
- be highly motivated and able to convince us of your goals in life,
- not bonded to or holding any other scholarships or receiving financial assistance from any organisations,
- be a Malaysian citizen.
How do you apply?
Please send the following documents combined into ONE PDF file to email@example.com.
- The completed Young Scholars for Excellence Programme application form,
- A letter of motivation stating
- your motivation to apply,
- reflections on your career ambitions,
- details about your interests,
- your understanding of values and social commitment and
- how you would like to engage with KAS’ activities during your scholarship.
- One informal academic letter of recommendation
- containing information about your academic qualifications and potential,
- it should not be older than two months,
- the author has to be a university professor or teacher holding a doctoral degree.
- Certificate of admission or matriculation from your university,
- Copies of your examination certificates,
- Certificate proving your voluntary, social or community engagement,
- Copies of your studies performance records so far.
For the Academic Year 2021/2022 starting in October 2021 please send us your complete application digitally by 08 September 2021. Selected candidates will be invited for a selection interview by mid September 2021. Successful applicants will be notified of their successful application before the end of September 2021.