Young Scholars for Excellence Programme - Foundation Office Malaysia
About the Scholarship:
The Young Scholars for Excellence Programme of Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Malaysia (KAS Malaysia) is open to full-time students of Malaysian nationality. Our aim is to prepare young Malaysians for academic and professional success by granting financial support and facilitating personal development.
What does the scholarship include?
- Partial payment of the course tuition fees for the first year of your Master’s programme for the academic year 2022/2023,
- An award of MYR 1,400 per month for the duration of one academic year,
- Additional payment for the purchase of books related to your Master's programme, up to MYR 500 maximum per academic year,
- A variety of exclusive trainings for your personal and professional development,
- Invitations to KAS event and access to publications,
- A chance to connect with local and international experts,
- An opportunity to publish own paper(s),
- And the chance to become a member of KAS’s Alumni network.
Who are we looking for?
To be eligible for our scholarship you should:
- be enrolled as a full-time Master's student at a public university in Malaysia,
- have completed your Bachelor’s degree with above average academic performance, which is a minimum CGPA of 3.5,
- Be accepted to a Master's programme in either Law, Political Science, Social Science, Business and Economics, Journalism, International Relations or in another related field,
- have a very good command of the English language (written and spoken),
- prove active participation in some form of community engagement or volunteer work,
- demonstrate abilities for critical thinking,
- possess a broad general knowledge and a distinct interest in Malaysian political issues,
- have a positive attitude towards development, democracy and human rights,
- be open to develop your personal points of view and practice tolerance, and
- be highly motivated and able to convince us of your goals in life,
- not bonded to or holding any other scholarships or receiving financial assistance from any organisations,
- be a Malaysian citizen.
How do you apply?
Please send the following documents combined into ONE PDF file to email@example.com.
- The completed Young Scholars for Excellence Programme application form,
- A letter of motivation stating
- your motivation to apply,
- reflections on your career ambitions,
- details about your interests,
- your understanding of values and social commitment and
- how you would like to engage with KAS’ activities during your scholarship.
- One informal academic letter of recommendation
- containing information about your academic qualifications and potential,
- it should not be older than two months,
- the author has to be a university professor or teacher holding a doctoral degree.
- Certificate or letter of admission to your Master's degree programme from your university,
- Copies of your Bachelor degree examination certificates,
- Copies of your studies performance records so far (from SPM and/or O levels onwards)
- Certificates proving your voluntary, social or community engagement,
For the Academic Year 2022/2023 starting in October 2022, please send us your complete application digitally by 31 August 2022. Selected candidates will be invited for a selection interview by mid September 2022. Successful applicants will be notified of their successful application before the end of September 2022.