Praktikum im KAS Auslandsbüro Philippinen - Foundation Office Philippines
The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) Philippines Office Internship Program aims to provide students with professional skills and practical experience in working for an international, political development organization.
Over the course of the internship, KAS interns will be able to:
- Gain experience as an international development professional and deepen their understanding of KAS and its impact;
- Gain better insight of Philippine politics and society;
- Contribute to the work of KAS Philippines on a variety of topics ranging from democracy and rule of law, international relations, the social market economy, security, science, technology, and innovation, media, and the youth;
- Meet and interact with experts and professionals in various fields related to the work of KAS Philippines;
- Learn more about the planning and implementation of projects, research, and events in development cooperation, in an output-oriented, multi-faceted, and dynamic environment;
- Support KAS in press relations and learn more about working with social media; and
- Be part of the global network of KAS.
Interns are entitled to a monthly stipend of Php 15,000.00 as well as a certificate upon successful completion of the internship.
Interns support the country representative and the program managers in their different work areas. The range of tasks includes technical work—such as research or developing a communications campaign—and organizational assistance such as preparing for and attending conferences or round-table discussions.
KAS Philippines is operating on a hybrid setup and interns are expected to report physically at the KAS Philippines Office in Makati City.
In addition, interns may occasionally be required to work beyond the office hours in case events take place in the evening and/or on weekends.
At the end of the internship, interns are required to:
- Submit a narrative report about their internship experience in KAS Philippines. Pictures relevant to their experience are highly encouraged; and
- Produce and present a research report on a topic of their choice that is related to the work of KAS Philippines. This output may be written or adopted in a creative but informative format such as an infographic or a video.
Requirements may be used and posted on the KAS web site and social media pages, with proper attributions.
- Be a Filipino or German national;
- Be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or master’s program in the Philippines or in Germany both prior to and after the internship assignment. For undergraduate students, you must at least be in your 3rd year of studies;
- Be engaged in a field of study that fits one of KAS Philippines’ main areas of work. Students in the social sciences, public policy, law, international relations, media and communications, and other-related fields are encouraged to apply;
- Be proficient in English;
- Have a passion for politics and political issues, pronounced willingness to learn and engage in new topics, adaptable, and able to work in a team; and
- Be able to commit to working with us for three (3) months.
Applicants should submit the following via google forms at: bit.ly/KASPHInternshipApplication:
- 1-page cover letter addressed to Dr. Daniel Schmücking, Country Director, detailing what you wish to accomplish during your internship at KAS Philippines;
- CV in English. Please do NOT include your picture; and
- Proof of vaccination. Interns must be fully vaccinated (at least 2 shots) against COVID-19.
Only applications submitted through the google form will be processed.
- 15 May 2023 – deadline of applications for the 2023 Internship Program.
Applications will be evaluated on a rolling-basis until slots are filled or the deadline has passed, whichever comes first.
Applicants are encouraged to submit their applications as early as possible. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.