Assessing the Energiewende - Regional Programme Energy Security and Climate Change in Asia and the Pacific
- The rapid expansion of renewable energies in the area of electricity can be seen as a partial success of the Energiewende so far, but at a very high cost through high electricity prices.
- The urgently needed expansion and conversion of the power grid continues to be too slow and must be accelerated through appropriate legislation.
- The European context of the Energiewende, in view of its central importance, must be given much more attention in the future.
- From an international perspective, the Energiewende is not yet perceived as a model for other countries, but does offer valuable experience and knowledge.
- If its further implementation is successful, the Energiewende could be inspirational to other countries and become a model for success.