detail - Foundation Office Thailand
This portlet should not exist anymore
A video summarising the contents of the event
What are the potentials of this fund to strengthen European economies while addressing global challenges like climate neutrality and digital transformation? What are the implications for Europe as a global actor? Will this effort affect trade policy, and if so, what would be the strategic priorities informing the new approaches to trade? What roles might ASEAN and Thailand play in that environment? Concretely, a Free Trade Agreement between Thailand and the EU has yet to be finalized. In terms of foreign policy, Germany and the Netherlands published recently new strategies for the Indo-Pacific, after France did in 2018, raising the possibility that the EU as a whole may soon have a common strategy for the region too.
We will discuss these and related topics in this moderated panel discussion. The event will be followed by a reception for all panelists and participants.
Thursday, 3 December 2020
2.30-3.00 pm Registration
3.00-3.15 pm Welcoming words
- Sasiwat Wongsinsawat, Director-General, Department of European Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand
- Dr. Céline-Agathe Caro, Director, Office of the Konrad Adenauer Foundation in Thailand
- Dr. Warawit Kanithasen, CPG Senior Research Fellow
3.15-4.30 pm Panel discussion: "Europe's Recovery and Responsibility in the World - A Dialogue with European and Thai Partners"
- H. E. Georg Schmidt, Ambassador of the Federal Republic of Germany to Thailand
- Dr. Giuseppe Busini, Deputy Head of Mission, Delegation of the European Union to Thailand
- H. E. Kasit Piromya, former Minister of Foreign Affairs of Thailand
- Prof. Dr. Kriengsak Chareonwongsak, President of the Institute of Future Studies for Development (IFD)
- Dr. Deekana Tipchanta, Faculty of Social Science, Mahidol University International College
4.30-4.55 pm Q&A Session
4.55-5.00 pm Closing remarks
5.00-7.00 pm Reception