#CoFoE – The Final Report - Auslandsbüro Polen
This portlet should not exist anymore
One year after the launch of the ‘Conference on the Future of Europe’ (#CoFoE) in May 2021 and on the occasion of today's handover of the CoFoE-'Final Report’ to the Presidents of the European Commission, the Parliament and the Council, the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung in Poland is proud to present the international debate:
#CoFoE – The Final Report. Real progress or fruitless effort?
Europe Day - 9 May 2022
Key issues of the debate:
- What is the historical dimension of the project? What makes the structure of the ‘Conference on the Future of Europe’ so special?
- What were the expectations in Brussels in 2021? And how was the CoFoE seen and supported in Poland and Germany?
- Which important issues and priorities were set and highlighted by the citizens as well as by the participants of the plenary sessions?
- How do participants of the conference perceive the Russian war in Ukraine?
- And finally: Should the ‘Conference on the Future of Europe’ be considered a real success or rather a fruitless experiment to strengthen participation within the EU?
Panelists of the debate are:
- Prof. Dr. Danuta Hübner, Member of the European Parliament (since 2009) and the first Polish EU-Commissioner responsible for Regional Policy (2004-2009);
- Prof. Dr. Renata Mieńkowska-Norkiene, Assistant Professor at the Faculty of Political Science and International Studies at the University of Warsaw, Member of ‘Team Europe’;
- Dr. Nikolai von Ondarza, Head of the Research Division ‘EU / Europe’ at the German Institute for International and Security Affairs (Stiftung Wissenschaft und Politik, SWP) in Berlin;
- Prof. Dr. Anna Wojciuk, Associate Professor at the Faculty of Political Science and International Studies at the University of Warsaw, Member of the Executive Board of the nonpartisan initiative “The Decentralized Republic”.
The discussion is moderated by Thomas Behrens, Project Coordinator at the Foreign Office of the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung in Poland.
The hybrid-debate was held and recorded on 13 April 2022 at Lidex-Studio in Warsaw/Poland with panelists from Poland, Germany, Belgium and Luxemburg and conducted in English. It is released by KAS Poland via ‘YouTube’ now, on 9 May 2022, on the anniversary of the famous ‘Schuman-Declaration’ in 1950.
See also on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kaswarschau