Horizon Fellowship 2023: Call for Applications! - Foundation Office Cambodia
Horizon Fellowship 2023: Call for Applications!
KAS-CICP Young IR Scholars Program
This portlet should not exist anymore
We often overlook the potential of the young generation, especially in the field of international affairs and foreign policy. Over the past years, there is a lack of professional platforms to connect young Cambodians who are passionate about foreign policy and diplomacy with eminent experts and practitioners. To solve this challenge, firstly the young Cambodians need to be connected and well-equipped with the necessary skills to tackle their professional challenges as well as to express their voices in an academic debate on international affairs. Most importantly there is a strong need to increase the chance of interactions between young IR scholars and European and Cambodian experts and practitioners.
Horizon Fellowship (formerly KAS Horizon) is a professional training program and a network of young IR scholars, aiming to equip its fellows with relevant social and technical skills to contribute in the long term to a fruitful and constructive dialogue between IR experts. It is implemented in close cooperation with the Cambodian partner institute, the Cambodian Institute for Cooperation and Peace (CICP). We provide our fellows with a practical platform for professional development in the field of foreign policy and diplomacy, and we help them to be well-prepared for their future career plans.
- A strong professional network with distinguished experts and like-minded youths in the foreign affairs field
- Soft-skills development to be well-prepared for a future career path
- In-depth diplomatic and research skills
- Opportunity to publish own articles on KAS and CICP’s Channels
- Public speaking and debate skills
- Expand knowledge of regional security, foreign policy, and other international affairs
- Chance to visit well-known international institutions in Cambodia and interact with practitioners
- Engage in IR young scholars boot camp in the selected province
- At least year 2 of International Relations major in any university, and/or young professionals working in the related field of international relations, foreign policy, and social science.
- Highly committed, motivated, socially-engaged, critical and reflective, open-minded Cambodian young generation
- Outstanding communication while possessing some social and research skills, good academic performance, and passion for foreign policy, Cambodia’s foreign relations, regional security, and other related issues in international politics.
How to Apply? (Please read the application instructions carefully)
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resumé/curriculum vitae (2-page only) and one motivation letter (1 page only), and one sample of writing to Mr. Lim Chhay, Foreign Affairs Program Manager, via Chhay.email@example.com no later than February 02nd, 2023 05:00 pm. All required documents must be combined into ONLY ONE PDF file (3 pages max).
Important Application Instructions:
- Your motivation letter must be within one page, explaining why you want to join the program, what makes you the best candidate, and what you can contribute to the program and Cambodia's diplomacy in the future.
- Your resumé/curriculum vitae must be within two pages,
- Your sample of writing must not be more than 2500 words. Additionally, it refers to any original written article of you (published/unpublished), those include your school assignments, op-ed article, policy briefing, term paper, newspaper article, or any analytical paper you have written. Make sure it must be original and plagiarism-free.
Please use the email subject: Horizon Application_YOUR FULL NAME, and your file's name must be: YOUR FULL NAME
(Ex: Horizon Application_LIM CHHAY, attached file renamed to LIM CHHAY)
Please note that any application found to be given inaccurate or false information, or failed to follow the instructions, will not be considered for the program.
**Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview within one week after the application deadline.
If you have any questions regarding the Horizon Fellowship Application, please feel free to send an email to Chhay.firstname.lastname@example.org