Single title - Foundation Office Lebanon
This portlet should not exist anymore
|Performance Period:||July 2022|
Proposal Submission Deadline:
July 1, 2022 COB
Question/ Inquiry Submission Deadline:
June 27, 2022 COB
A. Organization Background
The Lebanon Reforestation Initiative (LRI) is a Lebanese NGO registered at the Ministry of Interior and Municipalities under no. 1186 on 18 June 2014.
In the framework of the coordination between LRI and the Ministry of Environment, as well as the cooperation partnership signed between LRI and the Konrad Adenauer Foundation (KAS) (https://www.kas.de/en/web/libanon/veranstaltungsberichte/detail/-/content/a-reading-in-the-book-of-nature-reserves) and as a follow up to the work conducted under the National Nature Reserve Day campaign 2022, LRI and KAS are jointly seeking to contract an environmental policy expert to develop a policy paper ultimately serving as a tool to advocate for an improved governance and coordination mechanism of nature reserves so to further ensure their sustainability and protection.
The purpose of this RFP is to contract with an expert on environmental policy to assess the current governance structure and legal framework of Lebanon’s Nature Reserves and draft policy recomendations for improvements on different levels to further solidify Lebanon’s NR structure and ensure their long-term sustainability.
A. Scope of Work
The expert in environmental policy is expected to analyze the current nature reserve legal framework in comparison with international best practices, identify legislative and regulative loopholes and develop policy recommendations for improved nature reserve governance in Lebanon related to the following areas:
a. Natural Reserves governance structure
b. Coordination mechanisms at different levels (among nature reserves, with the MoE, with national and international stakeholders)
c. Mechanisms for improved human resources capacity
The expert is expected to:
- Conduct a desk analysis of the current law and international best practices
- Conduct at least three interviews with reserve managers and committees to collect data on current status and challenges
- Develop a policy recommendation paper as a result of 1 and 2 above.
- Conduct content proofreading and a simple layout editing for the final documents before submission
III. CONTRACT MECHANISM & TERMS OF PAYMENT
The selected candidate shall present in person to sign a service contract with the Konrad Adenauer Foundation, as per the applied terms and conditions.
IV. PROPOSAL PREPARATION AND SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
A. Instructions for Proposal Preparation
The selection committee will evaluate the Offers based upon their written technical and cost proposals. Each section will be evaluated according to the criteria for evaluations in Section V. interested candidates are expected to examine the specifications and all instructions in the RFP. Failure to do so is at the candidate’s own risk. Interested candidates must provide the following:
1. Capability and Technical Experience Statement
Demonstrate capabilities and technical experience by providing the following:
a. Clear resume (CV)
b. Cover letter showing previous experience in the subject matter
c. Proposal submitted in response to this RFP showing the approach and methodology to address the above deliverables
d. Documentation to verify licensure (MOF registration certificate, etc.)
2. Cost Proposal
Interested candidates will submit a proposed budget with their proposals in a separate file, labeled “Budget Proposal.” The proposed budget will have sufficient detail to allow evaluation of elements of costs proposed. Transportation / accommodation will be at the service provider’s expense.
Budgets should be submitted in US Dollars; please label your budget with the name of the currency. KAS reserves the right to request any additional information to support detailed cost and price.
- All invoices should be stamped with a LBP 250 stamp as per MOF regulations.
- Payments are processed via (a) wire transfer, (b) check or (c) cash payments
- Payments will be issued within 15 to 30 days from date of invoice acceptance against an official receipt
- Checks will be issued to the order of the beneficiary as stated in the invoice ONLY
Please include three partner references and contact information. References should have worked with you/your organization within the past two years in connection with the countries or regions (and if possible, subject matter) applicable to this RFP.
B. Instructions for Submission of Proposal
- The technical and price proposals shall be separately identified as such and sent via email. Each volume shall be clearly identified with the RFP number and the candidate name. All responses to this RFP must be received no later than the submission deadline on the cover page of this RFP to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All inquiries and requests for information regarding this RFP must be submitted to email@example.com no later than the question/inquiry submission deadline on the cover page of this RFP. Reference the RFP number in all questions/inquiries.
- Neither the Lebanon Reforestation Initiative nor the Konrad Adenauer Foundation will not compensate the candidates for their preparation of responses to this RFP.
V. CRITERIA FOR EVALUATION
LRI and KAS will jointly evaluate the received proposals based on a best-value determination; candidates should submit their most competitive price proposal. Proposals will be evaluated using the following criteria:
- Technical proposal (methodology - Previous similar experience - Impactful CV/cover letter and previous references) –60%
- Proposed budget – 40%
The evaluation committee will review the technical proposal based upon the technical criteria listed above. The cost proposals will be reviewed to ensure they are complete and free of computational errors. The committee will also assess the reasonableness of costs and the cost-effectiveness of the budget and will determine whether the costs reflect a clear understanding of project requirements. A contract will be offered to the candidates whose proposal follows the RFP instructions and is judged to be the most advantageous to both LRI and KAS.
VI. SOLICITATION PROCESS
Once the RFP is released, the candidates must prepare a formal proposal to be sent to the contact person at LRI and KAS as indicated in Section IV (b) (1). The submitted proposals will be jointly reviewed against the criteria for evaluation defined in Section V above and rated on their ability to satisfy the requirements stated in this RFP document. The selected service provider will be chosen and formally notified. A formal contract will be signed with the selected service provider as a launch to the services
Appendix A: Technical Proposal Submission Sheet