Promoting Electoral Awareness - Foundation Office Lebanon
This portlet should not exist anymore
The Lebanese parliamentary elections is around the corner and raising awareness to do a change is a must. In their project series “Promoting Electoral Awareness”, Advanced Democracy for Sustainable Peace (AD 4 Peace) and Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Lebanon Office (KAS) are working on raising awareness about the elections, electoral laws, political systems as well as the importance of voting and how voting is related to democracy.
As a continuous project since 2020, KAS and AD 4 Peace conducted 13 training sessions for students and youth from rural areas.
- July 24 Arsal- North Bekaa
- July 26 Rashayya – West Bekaa
- August 29 Al Ain – North Bekaa
- September 11 Amyoun – North
- September 25 Tripoli - North
- September 29 La Sagesse University (Two trainings) - Beirut
- October 19 Al Manar Modern School – Metn - Mount Lebanon
- November 6 Youth council – Bichmizine - North
- November 8 Saint Famille School– Wadi Shahrour – Baabda- Mount Lebanon
- November 19 Chouaifet Cultural Center – Aley – Mount Lebanon
- November 25 Notre Dame University – Zouk – Keserwan – Mount Lebanon
- November 29 Saida - South
- December 4 Chouf - Mount Lebanon
Through these session, Mr. Assem Chaya covered different topics that will help the participants understand the electoral system and law and push them to vote wisely.
Due to the high need and request on such trainings before the elections and since the coming Lebanese Parliamentary Elections is set in 2022, KAS and AD 4 Peace will continue this project.