The Rule of Law FORUM 2022 - Rule of Law Programme Middle East and North Africa
This portlet should not exist anymore
The FORUM will consist of five podium discussions and an audience, held over the course of two days. Each podium will contain three experts and a moderator, the panel participants will include local, regional and international experts. The FORUM aims to become a center of interest for all legal scholars and practitioners in the region, not only as a result of the importance of topics that are to be discussed but also as an annual opportunity to network and meet like-minded experts in their field.
In this first edition, the five panels' main themes will be as follows:
• First Panel: Access to Justice amidst ongoing economic and social struggles.
• Second Panel: Constitutional mechanisms to secure the independence of the judiciary – election of judges, financing of judiciary and possible constitutional amendments.
• Third Panel: A comparative perspective on truth and memory, then and now: Tunisia, Morocco & Lebanon.
• Fourth Panel: The critical role of media in implementing the rule of law and securing justice; current standing of media laws’ promulgation.
• Fifth Panel: Privacy, IP and access to information in a rule of law environment.
Find the full program HERE.
See you there!