Call for Creative Submissions - Foundation Office Jordan
Call for Creative Submissions
Essays and Photos on "100 Years of Jordan"
This portlet should not exist anymore
DetailsCall for submission 100 years download
Did you ever want to put your thoughts on Jordan on paper or express them with a picture? If so, this is an opportunity for you. To commemorate the long history of state and community-building, the West Asia-North Africa (WANA) Institute and the Konrad Adenauer Foundation (KAS) invite young Jordanians (up to the age of 28) to submit essays and photos and to convey what 100 years of Jordan means to them.
Rules of Submission
You are invited to submit a creative piece in one of three tracks: 1) Arabic essays, 2) English essays, or 3) photographs.
- English and Arabic essays should be no more than 1,000 words – expressing what “100 years of Jordan” means to you. You can write about it from any angle, including social, economic, and cultural. Winners will be selected based on content and style of writing.
- Photograph portfolios should contain up to 3 pictures on the same theme, “100 years of Jordan”. These must be original photographs taken by the artists themselves. They will be judged for their quality as well as how well they are able to evoke the theme.
The work of the top three submissions from each track will then be showcased at an event, discussed by the authors and expert panelists, and published in a booklet.
From each track,
- first place winners will enjoy a weekend at Um Qais1
- second place winners will enjoy a dinner in Amman2
- third place winners will enjoy a dinner in downtown Salt3
All applicants should submit their pieces or photograph portfolios via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy info.Jordan@kas.de with the subject heading, “100 Years of Jordan” no later than March 22, including a short personal description as well as contact information. Essays in word format. Photographs in JPEG, PNG, or PDF format in a minimum of 500 pixels. Submissions will be reviewed by a jury composed of representatives of KAS and WANA Institute.
1 This will be a weekend’s stay for two at the Bait AlBaraka hotel, valued at 150 JDs. (Baraka Home - Baraka Destinations)
2 This will be a 100 JD voucher for Sufra restaurant (Sufra (romero-jordan.com))
3 This will be a 75 JD voucher for Beit Aziz restaurant (بيت عزيز - Beit Aziz | Facebook)Call for Submission 100 Years Jordan Arabic download