Executive Summary “Smart City and Digital Government in 2023: Resilience for Future” - Foundation Office Thailand
The full event report is available for download on this page. Below is the summary of Policy Recommendations derived from the event's discussions:
1. Human Capital Development: Invest in digital skills training and education programs to improve the digital knowledge domain of the population. This will ensure a higher level of digital participation and enable the effective utilization of E-Government services.
2. Mindset Shift and Citizen Engagement: Prioritize a shift in mindset towards embracing technology as an enabler for better governance. Encourage citizen engagement by facilitating dialogue and participation in the decision-making processes, ensuring that the community's needs and perspectives are incorporated into Smart City initiatives.
3. Collaboration and Collective Work: Emphasize collaboration among various stakeholders, including government agencies, citizens, and private entities, to drive Smart City initiatives. Encourage collective efforts and partnerships to leverage expertise and resources, ensuring a holistic approach to development.
4. Local Government Leadership: Empower local governments to take the lead in Smart City development, while the central government plays a supportive and supervisory role. Encourage local administrators to adopt Smart City principles and characteristics to focus on aspects such as quality of life, sustainable development, operational efficiency, and technology integration.
5. Comprehensive Data Management: Recognize the importance of effective data management as a foundation for Smart City development. Encourage the collection and compilation of comprehensive data on resources and government operations, ensuring its accessibility and utilization to deliver efficient services and support evidence-based decision-making.