Single title - European and International Cooperation
This portlet should not exist anymore
Danish Karokhel, editor-in-chief of the Afghan news agency Pajhwok, has compiled in his work his many years of experience as an investigative journalist.
Danish Karokhel is a regular public speaker on behalf of the Afghan media and a human rights and peace activist. He is winner of the 2008 International Press Freedom Award of the Committee to Protect Journalists (CPJ) and winner of the 2012 Press Freedom Whiting Award from South Asian Free Media Association (SAFMA). In May 2014, Danish Karokhel was ranked in the list of the 100 information heroes by Reporters without Borders (also known as RSF).
“Professional Journalism” is written in Pashto language by Danish Karokhel, editor-in-chief of Pajhwok Afghan News, in Kabul.
The book is dedicated to the three fallen Pajhwok’s reporters: Abdul Samad Rohani, Janullah Hashemzada and Omid Khpalwak.
Table of Content:
- Need for journalism and its specialties
- Moral characteristics of Journalism
- Security and Safety (physical and digital security)
- Access to information
- News characteristics
- The planning part of report
- Source of information
- The research part of report
- The writing part of report
- Report editing
- Using appropriate words and sentences in media
- Writing profile
- Photography and writing caption
- Conflict Sensitive Reporting
- Gender-sensitive media reporting
- Reporting on election
- Introduction to Afghanistan and state structure
- Appendix - Media Policy