Asia and the Pacific - European and International Cooperation
Publications on the topic
Political paralysis at the brink of an economic collapse
The immense challenges for Lebanon grow with its political inability to act
"Am allerwichtigsten ist es, das Vertrauen der EU-Bürger zu gewinnen"
Laura Kövesi über ihre neue Rolle als Leiterin der Europäischen Generalstaatsanwaltschaft
Ergebnisse der Parlamentswahlen in Usbekistan
Russia China – Emerging Alliance or Eternal Rivals?
Vermögenspolitik in der Sozialen Marktwirtschaft
Kolloquium in der Akademie der Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Berlin am 11.12.2019
Act on Establishment of Administrative Courts and Administrative Court Procedure
B.E. 2542 (1999) as amended by the Amendment No.12 in B.E. 2562
Guatemala mit neuer Regierung
Von Morales zu Giammattei: nach enttäuschten Erwartungen folgt neue Hoffnung
Guideline Regarding the Performance of Court Officials on the Supreme Administrative Court's Decision...
Asia & Pacific
The Asia-Pacific region offers a unique diversity of political systems. That is why KAS is present in almost every country in Asia today and cooperates with diverse local and national partners from politics, civil society, business, science and the media.
All countries are undergoing rapid change: China and India are experiencing a strong economic upswing, Myanmar is democratizing, and the Korean peninsula remains a hot spot of geopolitical tension.
Consequently, our priorities are very diverse:
- Cooperation with political centre parties
- Promotion of the rule of law, constitutional reform, anti-corruption and ethics
- Regulatory dialogue on the creation and maintenance of economic and social policy
- Creation of sustainable democratic structures and institutions
- Advice to governments and parliaments
- Commitment to political participation and human rights
- Cooperation with civil society and the media
- Promotion of decentralisation processes
- Dialogueon environmental policy, climate change and energy security
- Foreign and security policy dialogue within the region as well as with Europe and Germany
The Asia and Pacific regional team in Berlin manages the work of the international offices strategically and administratively. We bring analyses and first-hand experience into the German and European debate and are in contact with parliaments, ministries, think tanks and foreign embassies. In lectures and conferences we inform the interested public about current developments and discuss the impact of the region on Germany and Europe.
We receive delegations from the region who want to learn about and network on various topics.