Asia and the Pacific - European and International Cooperation
Publications to the topic
KASYP Virtual Discussion Series 2020
Session 03: A Conversation on Building 'New' Normal in the Philippines and Indonesia
4. Deutsch-Indonesischer Strategiedialog
Charting Bilateral and International Cooperation for Resilience in Health Crisis
Social Market Economy and the Economic Development of Local Communities
The Roberts Court
An Unconventional 2020 U.S. Supreme Court Term
Multilateralism and Regional Cooperation in Times of Global Crises: Australia and Europe and the Inte...
The 2020 KONRAD-ADENAUER LECTURE, delivered by the Hon Julie Bishop - Chancellor, Australian National University and former Foreign Minister of Australia
Strengthening the partnership between Europe and Africa
African and European parliamentarians discuss ways of closer parliamentary cooperation
The Quad and Beyond: Constellations, Partnerships and Alliances across the Indo-Pacific and Atlantic
by Katja Theodorakis, Senior Programme Coordinator for Research and Analysis (Foreign/Security Policy)
75 Jahre Vereinte Nationen
Die Zukunft der VN, Politikberatung und Think Tanks: Unsere Zukunft Gemeinsam Gestalten
Asia & Pacific
The Asia-Pacific region offers a unique diversity of political systems. That is why KAS is present in almost every country in Asia today and cooperates with diverse local and national partners from politics, civil society, business, science and the media.
All countries are undergoing rapid change: China and India are experiencing a strong economic upswing, Myanmar is democratizing, and the Korean peninsula remains a hot spot of geopolitical tension.
Consequently, our priorities are very diverse:
- Cooperation with political centre parties
- Promotion of the rule of law, constitutional reform, anti-corruption and ethics
- Regulatory dialogue on the creation and maintenance of economic and social policy
- Creation of sustainable democratic structures and institutions
- Advice to governments and parliaments
- Commitment to political participation and human rights
- Cooperation with civil society and the media
- Promotion of decentralisation processes
- Dialogueon environmental policy, climate change and energy security
- Foreign and security policy dialogue within the region as well as with Europe and Germany
The Asia and Pacific regional team in Berlin manages the work of the international offices strategically and administratively. We bring analyses and first-hand experience into the German and European debate and are in contact with parliaments, ministries, think tanks and foreign embassies. In lectures and conferences we inform the interested public about current developments and discuss the impact of the region on Germany and Europe.
We receive delegations from the region who want to learn about and network on various topics.