This portlet should not exist anymore
To educate and strengthen the engagement of the officials and the public on this matter, the parliamentary committee on decentralization, local government, and special local administration of the house of representatives will organize a seminar series with the support of the KAS in Thailand. The seminars will take place in 5 provinces in different regions: Ubonratchathani, Trang, Chiang Rai, Nakhonsrithammarat and Prachuabkhirikhan provinces. The target participants are the local policy-makers, officials, and members of the municipalities, the provincial and sub-district administration organizations, as well as the interested people in the areas.
The main contents of the seminar are:
- Significance of the local elections;
- The role of the parliamentary committee on decentralization, local government, and special local administration of the house of representatives;
- Updated rules and regulations for the local elections in accordance with the local election act B.E. 2562 (2019);
- Legitimate campaigning techniques for the local elections;
- Launching of the “Local Elections Guide Book 2020”
At the end of the day, the organizer anticipates that the activities will support the preparedness for the upcoming local elections and enhance people’s democratic participation. In the long term, it is expected that the policy-makers and the citizen nationwide will realize the significance of the decentralization as the factor for the country’s development at all levels and areas.